Guinea Pig Essentials: Oxbow Western Timothy Hay from Chewy.com

I received this product in exchange for my honest review as a Chewy Influencer.

We have two guinea pigs in our household, and needless to say, we go through a lot of hay!  We love the Oxbow brand, and ordered a bag of Oxbow Western Timothy Hay for our piggies.

We ordered a 15oz bag, but you can order up to 50 lbs!  Since we have two guinea pigs, I think I will order the 40 oz or 90 oz bag next time.

Chewy Oxbow Timothy Hay

The hay comes in a resealable bag, and it is fresh.  I have bough other hay that isn’t as fresh like the Oxbow Timothy Hay.  It smells wonderful and is soft with a little bit of green to it.

Chewy Oxbow Timothy Hay

This product contains 100% Timothy Hay.  It is free of preservatives and additives.

We use a hay manger that hangs up on the wall of the cage, and sometimes just leave the hay in a pile.  Lavender eats so much that it doesn’t sit around for long.

Chewy Oxbow Timothy Hay

Lavender loves her hay, and she really loves the furry pieces you can find if you look (the packaging notes that “Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads”).

Chewy Oxbow Timothy Hay

Hay is an important part of a guinea pig’s diet, and we feed our guinea pigs pellets, fresh veggies, and hay.  It’s nice that they are getting a balanced diet, and the hay is perfect for foraging on during the day.

You can check out Oxbow Western Timothy Hay at Chewy, as well as lots of other great pet products!  My kids tend to tell me when their guinea pigs are almost out of food, and it’s great to be able to order from Chewy.com.  The products arrive so quickly, and I don’t have to take the kids to the pet store and haul hay and other pet supplies home.

By | 2018-10-01T12:26:49+00:00 September 26th, 2018|Pets & Animals, Product Reviews|19 Comments

1. Alli Smith October 1, 2018 at 11:51 am - Reply

I’ve ordered products for my dog from Chewy several times and I’m always amazing at their customer service and how fast my orders arrive. I don’t have a cute little guinea pig, but I love that the hay is all natural and free of additives.

2. candy October 1, 2018 at 11:57 am - Reply

Guinea pig is one pet we have never had in our home. You can order many other things from Cewy and it is so handy and great products. Enjoy your new guinea pig.

3. Terri Steffes October 1, 2018 at 12:05 pm - Reply

Chewy is a wonderful place to get pet supplies. I love their customer service and they ship FAST.

4. Amber Myers October 1, 2018 at 12:28 pm - Reply

I’ll have to check out Chewy one day. We have two kitties, and at some point my daughter is talking about getting a guinea pig or a rat. It sounds like Chewy would come in handy!

5. Jeanette October 1, 2018 at 2:18 pm - Reply

A friend of mine just got a new Guinea pig and they Are learning the proper way to take care of it. I will definitely show this to them so they have some more ideas of how to keep their guinea pig healthy. I think they would love that Chewy.

6. Pam October 1, 2018 at 2:49 pm - Reply

Aw! Your Guinea pig is adorable. We used to use this when we had our rabbit. He loved it! He ate it and sometimes just played with it.

7. Melissa Chapman October 1, 2018 at 2:52 pm - Reply

I saw adds for Chewy on TV and the savings seem so great. I have two dogs but those guinea pigs are really cute and I never knew they ate hay.

8. Tasheena October 1, 2018 at 7:17 pm - Reply

Chewy.com sounds like a wonderful site for pet owners. I can’t wait to check it out.

9. Glenda Cates October 1, 2018 at 10:34 pm - Reply

I can’t wait to share this post with my son as he would like having one for a pet. I am just afraid the dog and cat wouldn’t leave him alone and my son might not take care of him the way he should.

10. Dennis Littley October 1, 2018 at 10:51 pm - Reply

Chewy.com sounds like a convenient way to order pet supplies! It’s great they have these little bags of hay. It’s better than buying a large bale if you have small animals.

11. Nancy at Whispered Inspirations October 2, 2018 at 2:23 am - Reply

Awww what a cutie. We are thinking about getting a guinea pig. I think I’ll try this out when we get it!

12. Ricci October 2, 2018 at 3:49 am - Reply

I think guinea pigs are super cute! I would love to have one someday as they don’t seem to be too much trouble…LOL!!

13. Anosa Malanga October 2, 2018 at 10:25 am - Reply

Oh, I don’t think I can have a pet like this. They look cute but I guess I can’t take good care of them. Let’s see if I could try to have this in my flat.

14. Chubskulit Rose October 2, 2018 at 2:15 pm - Reply

We have two guinea pigs as well, one is very social and another is very shy. They too love hay just like yours.

15. Farrah Less October 2, 2018 at 2:37 pm - Reply

Aren’t they are so adorable to watch? I always wanted to have one of this each time it reminds me of that kids movie. Unfortunate I have cat and she loves to hunt i don’t think its gonna be a good idea. But they are cute!

16. Vyjay Rao October 2, 2018 at 4:15 pm - Reply

Though we do not have pets, can appreciate the necessity of quality food for the pets. Chewy.com seems to be the perfect place to source quality food for pets.

17. Rachel October 2, 2018 at 5:56 pm - Reply

My kids are trying to convince me to let them get guinee pigs. I have seen a lot of them up for free on neighborhood sites. I am going to have to check out chewy.com

18. Kita Bryant October 2, 2018 at 7:32 pm - Reply

It has been a long time since I have had a little critter in my house. My daughter would really like one.

19. bohemian babushka October 2, 2018 at 11:19 pm - Reply

Never heard of Chewy, but with a cat and a dog, Babushka’s thinking it’s time to check it out. Gracias for the intro.