“Classic Lullabies for Sound Sleep” CD from the Well-Tempered Baby

The Well Tempered Baby

I have always used music at bedtime with my children, since they were babies.  But finding good music wasn’t always as easy as I thought it would be.  For years we tried lots of different albums, trying to find lullaby music that wasn’t annoying and didn’t contain vocals (which seemed to be distracting).  I also have a background in classical music, and have always wanted to expose my kids to classical music from a young age.

I was excited to discover a selection of classical pieces for children from the Well Tempered Baby.  “Classic Lullabies for Sound Sleep” is a collection of pieces by J.S. Bach that are arranged just for newborns, babies, kids – and even their parents.  These classical lullabies are played on the harp, and are designed to have minimal volume changes so that you little ones won’t be disturbed.

I love that this album is created be a new mom herself!  Musician Maria Johnson created this CD because she also had trouble finding music for her newborn, and wanted something she could enjoy alongside her baby.

Even now that my kids are older, they still want to listen to relaxing music at night when it is time for them to go to bed.  “Classic Lullabies for Sound Sleep” is available on both CD and as a digital album, which makes it easy to travel with.  Over the years, we have traveled with lullaby music so the kids can sleep in the car or in hotels, etc.

“Classical Lullabies for Sound Sleep” has a runtime of over 40 minutes, and is perfect for bedtime.

Visit The Well-Tempered Baby and check out Classical Lullabies for Sound Sleep, Vol. 1: Bach.

By | 2018-10-07T01:21:24+00:00 October 6th, 2018|Music, Product Reviews|19 Comments

1. Dina Demarest October 8, 2018 at 11:33 pm - Reply

I always played music for my kids at bed and naptime. We had a favorite cd that I played for my day care kids too. Music is so important.

2. Denay DeGuzman October 9, 2018 at 2:21 am - Reply

I remember the sweet sounds of childhood while raising my daughters. I’ve often thought of beginning a collection of children’s music to gift to them in the years ahead as they begin planning for families of their own!

3. Lisa Marie Heath October 9, 2018 at 3:59 am - Reply

I wish this was around when my son was little! We used to play music at low volume, but there wasn’t much specific for babies. My doctor suggested it and said the sound will soothe them, but also makes it so they are used to some noise while sleeping, and will sleep better (they won’t be as light of sleepers) and it worked so well!

4. Ruth I October 9, 2018 at 1:57 pm - Reply

I wish this is available back when my grumpy niece is still a baby. But I know she’ll still love to listen to this.

5. Heather McMechan October 9, 2018 at 2:09 pm - Reply

My daughter loved to hear songs while resting. It really did soothe her during nap time.

6. Catalina October 9, 2018 at 3:23 pm - Reply

OH yes! This is for sure one of the most beautiful moments! Going to sleep with a pleasent kid’s music is a so special for babies.

7. Lynsey October 9, 2018 at 4:41 pm - Reply

This sounds like a godsend! I always had some form of white noise when my kids were babies!

8. Shannan P October 9, 2018 at 5:48 pm - Reply

I miss the days of singing my kids to sleep and we would have loved this when they were little! Definitely will be on my list of things to gift for showers!

9. Yona Williams October 9, 2018 at 6:17 pm - Reply

Classical Lullabies for Sound Sleep sounds like a relaxing option for the kiddies. You get two things for one…music that helps a baby sleep and an introduction to Bach.

10. Ty @ TravelTasTily October 9, 2018 at 8:54 pm - Reply

When my kids were younger I always played classical music during nap and bedtime. It seemed to always work when putting them to sleep.

11. Cindy Gordon October 9, 2018 at 9:36 pm - Reply

I used to have my mom sing me to sleep when I was young. She knew all kinds of lullabies.

12. Angie October 10, 2018 at 2:10 pm - Reply

This looks lovely. I need to play more classical music and lullabies for my baby girl. She needs help being more restful and relaxed sometimes. haha

13. Lynndee October 10, 2018 at 2:44 pm - Reply

There was never a day that I didn’t listen to music when I was pregnant. Then there was always music playing when I put my son to sleep when he was a baby. Now he loves music as much as I do.

14. June S. October 10, 2018 at 11:53 pm - Reply

(Classic Lullabies for Sound Sleep” CD from the Well-Tempered Baby) I have always loved classical music myself, I find it to be so relaxing to listen to. I found a great radio station out of Madison,WI. last weekend when I was driving to see my grandson that had nothing but classical music on it. I loved it!

15. Kaylyn October 13, 2018 at 8:01 pm - Reply

I had such a hard time finding good lullaby’s for my baby, too! I ended up just using a white noise machine. This list is so helpful. I will definitely be using this for my next baby. Thank you!!

16. Vanessa October 14, 2018 at 9:58 pm - Reply

Classical music and white noise are my favorite to use for nap time and for reading time! Thank you for the recommendation, it’s always good to have more options!

17. Jessica Goodpaster October 15, 2018 at 1:11 am - Reply

I like white noise for my kiddos, but as my son has gotten older, he prefers music. I love the idea of classic lullabies! Anything for a good night’s sleep!

18. Amy October 16, 2018 at 4:00 am - Reply

We currently play a Pandora station before bed, but this sounds so much nicer! I agree the words can be distracting and I like the idea of classical music.

19. Lynn Armstrong October 17, 2018 at 5:41 am - Reply

This sounds perfect and 40 minutes a great length for tired toddlers ; )) I will try it on my littles!