Camp Plymouth State Park, Ludlow, VT

Camp Plymouth State Park

We have been visiting Camp Plymouth State Park for years now.  We love exploring Vermonth, and the park is located just outside of downtown Ludlow.

What we usually do is stay somewhere else, like Jackson Gore Inn or camp at Coolidge State Park, and come to Camp Plymouth to use their day use area.  They do offer group camping (consisting of six lean-to’s, tent/RV sites, pit toilets, and a large field) and four cabins, but not regular campsites or individual lean-to’s.

The park is easy to get from Ludlow.  We take Route 100 to Scout Camp Road, and the entrance to the park is clearly marked.

Camp Plymouth State Park

There is a small station where you check in and pay your day-use fee.  If you are staying at another park, you can use your car tag to get in for free.

Camp Plymouth State Park

There is a lot of space for parking, and even wagons available to cart your stuff down to the beach.  There are plenty of picnic tables, grills, and good spots for picnicking.

Camp Plymouth State Park

There is a main building, which offers concessions, restrooms and rentals.

Camp Plymouth State Park

Camp Plymouth State Park

I rented a tandem kayak for $12 an hour for my daughter and myself.

camp plymouth Boat Rental

There are a variety of watercraft, from kayaks to canoes and even stand-up paddleboards.

Camp Plymouth State Park

The view of the beach from our kayak.  There are ropes to designate the swimming area.  In warmer weather, my kids have gone swimming and snorkeling off the beach.

Camp Plymouth State Park

The kids were really excited to see a big playground.

Camp Plymouth State Park

We also have gone hiking on the Echo Lake Vista Trail, which is just across the road from the park.  It has a beautiful view of Echo Lake!  You can also hike down the trail to do some gold panning.

Visit Camp Plymouth State Park online:

Related reviews of places we have visited nearby:

By | 2018-06-07T13:06:49+00:00 June 4th, 2018|Travel|20 Comments

1. Candy June 8, 2018 at 12:05 pm - Reply

looks llike a great park to visit. We don’t live close to Vermont. Be nice to visit one day

2. Tasheena June 8, 2018 at 1:22 pm - Reply

This looks like a really fun experience. Would be the perfect day or weekend getaway for my family.

3. Brit Strawbridge June 8, 2018 at 1:52 pm - Reply

I love seeing all the different parks! This one looks similar to one near us! I have always wanted to visit Vermont!

4. Jeanette June 8, 2018 at 2:11 pm - Reply

I love going to places like this. There’s always some little nuance there that is not anywhere else. It’s fun to take my kiddo to places like this we can have a picnic and just have fun and hang out without technology.

5. Liz June 8, 2018 at 2:22 pm - Reply

That looks beautiful – I don’t think I’ve ever been to Vermont, but my cousins have a summer house there and from the pics I’ve seen it’s a very pretty area. I love kayaking too so that would be fun.

6. Melissa Chapman June 8, 2018 at 2:26 pm - Reply

This makes me feel like summer, going away to camp is so much fun even now. This park has everything including those great water activities.

7. Dana Rodriguez June 8, 2018 at 3:57 pm - Reply

This is an absolutely gorgeous park. I would love to visit and soak in the nature there!

8. Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh June 8, 2018 at 6:51 pm - Reply

What a beautiful park to visit. I bet it’s a blast going camping there for a weekend. I love all the mountains and trees.

9. Terri June 9, 2018 at 2:56 am - Reply

I am loving seeing these day trips! How fun that you can get all of this for such a small fee.

10. Rachel June 9, 2018 at 3:14 am - Reply

Vermont is on my list of places I want to visit. This looks amazing and we are a camping family so it would be so fun to go.

11. Emily June 9, 2018 at 4:09 am - Reply

This all looks so beautiful! Now that my kids are 10, 8 and 7 we finally feel like we can get out and do more adventurous things like this. It can be more fun and less work with slightly older kids. This would be a fun place to visit!

12. Bradley C Finnearty June 9, 2018 at 2:57 pm - Reply

This is a beautiful State Park. If we ever make it to Vermont we will absolutely have to visit it.

13. Sara Welch June 9, 2018 at 6:35 pm - Reply

That looks like a really fun place to go and camp. I haven’t been to a park like that in forever.

14. Sarah Bailey June 9, 2018 at 8:31 pm - Reply

You really have so many beautiful parks over there! I would love to spend time just visiting a few of them as they are so different to the park areas we have over here in many ways.

15. Chubskulit Rose June 9, 2018 at 11:08 pm - Reply

State Parks are always fun to explore. It’s one of our favorite things to explore during summer.

16. Heather June 10, 2018 at 1:57 am - Reply

We’ve gone to VT a few times but have never been to this park. We will have to check it out next time we visit.

17. Anosa Malanga June 10, 2018 at 12:36 pm - Reply

Wow, I want to see this place and experience it as well. Looks like a very nice place to relax and escape from the busy corporate life.

18. Nancy at Whispered Inspirations June 10, 2018 at 6:29 pm - Reply

This looks so beautiful. Like a great way to get away from the busy bustle.

19. brianne June 10, 2018 at 6:47 pm - Reply

What a beautiful park! Your photos are so stunning! I’d love to take my kiddies here someday!

20. Ricci June 11, 2018 at 3:34 am - Reply

Now this looks like a great camp!! I would love to go rent a kayak or canoe and get out on the water!!