Candy-Free Easter Gift Ideas

Candy-Free Easter Gift Ideas

Holidays can be full of sweets and junk food.  For holidays like Easter, we try to find gift ideas that do not involve candy.  The items depend on the age of your child and also if you have a girl or boy (for example, hair ties for girls).  Plus, you can use these ideas for other occasions, like birthday party favors or other times you need some small gifts.  Here are some of the ideas we have enjoyed over the years!

Spring items

Rain boots, rain jacket
Gardening supplies like gloves, digging tools, bucket, seeds, plants
Garden decorations (pinwheels, spinners, etc)
Bird house to paint
Butterfly or ladybug kit
Bubbles

Summer items

Swim suit, towel, water shoes, swim coverup, fun swim accessories (fins, etc)
Beach toys (ball, scoops, buckets)
Summer hat

Nail polish
Bath toys
Lip balms

Accessories
Earrings, necklace, etc
Watch
Hair ties, headbands, hair bows

Food related
Popsicle molds
Cooking kits
Water bottle / thermos

Other
Books
Puzzles
Sports accessories
Socks
Gift cards
Movie tickets
Coupons (movie night, no chores, special dessert, etc)

Room decor
Dry erase board
Fairy lights
Decorative pillows
Sign for bedroom door
Book light
Nightlight

Food alternatives to candy
Granola bars
Popcorn
Healthy snacks (nuts, fruit, etc)

By | 2018-04-01T13:12:30+00:00 March 23rd, 2018|Easter, Gift Giving, Holidays|13 Comments

1. monika March 24, 2018 at 10:21 pm - Reply

the craft kits are a great idea! my nephew will love it 🙂

2. Natalie March 24, 2018 at 11:27 pm - Reply

Really great list ! We do a lot of non-candy food items in our eggs 🙂 like Annie’s cheddar bunnies and fruit snacks 😁

3. Peggy Nunn March 25, 2018 at 11:13 am - Reply

These are great ideas. Thank you for all of them.

4. Mia March 25, 2018 at 3:52 pm - Reply

I am going out today in search of items for my grandkids baskets that are not sugary and candy since they will get enough of those so these are great ideas for me to use.

5. ashley peavey March 25, 2018 at 4:22 pm - Reply

Love these ideas! Thank you for sharing them, a water bottle would be perfect for my boys!

6. Sheree March 25, 2018 at 5:08 pm - Reply

Love these ideas entered giveaway

7. Dana Rodriguez March 25, 2018 at 9:00 pm - Reply

I love all of these ideas! I am a big fan of cute socks.

8. Vidya Tiru March 25, 2018 at 11:23 pm - Reply

great list of ideas!! and i am sure not just for easter..thank you

9. Rosie from The Hustling Mama March 26, 2018 at 6:05 am - Reply

OMG you are a genius!! I’m going to stick to the crafts because I honestly have 3 bins worth I need to go through and get rid of! Darn Michael’s and their sales aisle! Thank you for doing all the thinking for me! This was a great list that I’ll be returning to every year now! 🙂

10. renee March 26, 2018 at 2:36 pm - Reply

These are great ideas! Another one that is a big hit with my kids: have you seen the DIY water bombs made with sponges and rubber bands on Pinterest? Super easy and tons of fun 🙂

11. Sarh S March 26, 2018 at 9:24 pm - Reply

I absolutely love the candy free easter basket ideas! I always try to do healthier snacks and a game or movie in each of my kids baskets. This year, I went a little over board on the candy because I was at the grocery store and saw a sale ending that day – spend $20 on groceries and all Easter items are 50% off… I may take a bunch of the candy to work for the candy dish here and get the kids some healthier snack foods.

12. Toni Feimer March 28, 2018 at 8:40 am - Reply

I love the rain boots and rain gear idea. So much candy already. It seems every holiday is candy oriented.

13. John April 1, 2018 at 8:59 am - Reply

Thank you for the greate post really it help me