Creating Spells With RoosterFin’s Wizard Roll Game!

RoosterFin Wizard Roll

I received a Wizard Roll game in exchange for my honest review.

I think it is important to have some good games at home, which are a great way to get kids off electronics and spend family time together.  We have outgrown a bunch of our games, and we were excited to try “Wizard Roll” from RoosterFin games.

The game sets up quickly.  Recommended for ages 7+, I like that it is easy to set up and learn.  When the kids have their friends or family members visit, they can start playing without a lot of time spent setting up or learning the rules of play.

To start, you leave the Runes and Tiles pieces in the box, and each player receives two spell cards.  You choose one out of the two (discarding the other), and it’s time to roll the dice.  The goal is to complete your spell as fast as possible to earn points.

Wizard Roll

Each spell card has a different number of points on it.  For example, you can see “Silence” has 3 and “Shatter” has 4.  The first person to get 7 points wins!  The round ends when someone completes a spell, with the winner keeping their spell card to keep track of points.

RoosterFin Wizard Roll

Once you have completed your spell, you can consult with the spell card to see what you have.

The “Stone Skin” spell below is Ack-Wa-Sha-Fa.  The kids love seeing what spells they have!

RoosterFin Wizard Roll

I love that there are YouTube tutorials on how to play each RoosterFin game.  I had spent some time reading through the directions but forgot some details when it was time to play.  Then I realized we could watch the video, which was a great way for everyone to pay attention and learn by example.  The tutorial makes it easy to understand and remember the game play.

I also love that this game comes in a compact box.  Some of our games are quite large or bulky.  We even took this one on our camping trip last weekend to help pass the time, and the kids had a blast playing!

Visit RoosterFin Games at https://roosterfin.com/

By | 2017-09-13T17:38:32+00:00 September 8th, 2017|Entertainment, Family, Family Fun, Product Reviews, Toys|25 Comments

1. Candy September 9, 2017 at 4:23 pm - Reply

We get a new game ever year at Christmas. Will have to find this and check it out

2. Kim September 10, 2017 at 12:59 am - Reply

so great to see a non-screen game…looks like a lot of fun and uses problem solving skills

3. Karissa September 10, 2017 at 10:22 pm - Reply

We have frequent game nights. We love learning about new fun games to play during these fun nights.

4. Bonnie G September 10, 2017 at 11:37 pm - Reply

That game looks really fun. I love that it comes in a small compact box to keep it in. Great to take along on family outings.

5. Pam Wattenbarger September 11, 2017 at 1:38 am - Reply

That looks like a game that would everyone in our family would enjoy. And I am with you on the small compact box. I am all for easy storage.

6. Marielle Altenor September 11, 2017 at 7:39 am - Reply

This is my first time hearing about the RoosterFin game! Would be a nice game for us to play as a family.

7. robin rue September 11, 2017 at 11:44 am - Reply

That sounds like an absolute blast. I would have so much fun playing this game with my family on family game night.

8. Amber Myers September 11, 2017 at 12:29 pm - Reply

This sounds like it would be a fun game! My kids would really like it. I’ll have to pick it up.

9. valmg @ Mom Knows It All September 11, 2017 at 1:28 pm - Reply

Family game night can be such fun. I do like it when games are portable enough that they can be brought along when traveling.

10. Jeanette September 11, 2017 at 2:14 pm - Reply

We love doing family game nights. We don’t do them nearly enough. This sounds like a very interesting game and I’m always willing to try a new game.

11. Sarah Bailey September 11, 2017 at 3:21 pm - Reply

What a really interesting sounding game, there is nothing like getting to play a great game and have some fun as a family.

12. Kita Bryant September 11, 2017 at 7:04 pm - Reply

This sounds like something my boy would be in to. It takes me a bit to understand these types of games haha!

13. candy September 11, 2017 at 8:17 pm - Reply

Totally new game I haven’t heard of. We like to give the kids new games all the time and think they would enjoy this one.

14. Melanie Smith September 11, 2017 at 9:13 pm - Reply

That looks like and an awesome game! I would to play it with my family someday!

15. Diana Ajih September 11, 2017 at 9:43 pm - Reply

I’ve never heard of this game but it looks like a fun game to enjoy with the family. I’ll add to my list of games to play during family game night.

16. Dogvills September 11, 2017 at 11:33 pm - Reply

Nice new game to enjoy with the family. I love that there are Youtube tutorials available so it would be easy to resolve any playing issues that may arise. Thanks for letting me know about RoosterFin games. We’re going to have lots of fun with that!

17. Jenn @ EngineerMommy September 12, 2017 at 12:04 am - Reply

My family loves to play board games at night. This sounds like a fun game that can get everyone involved and engaged.

18. Lisa September 12, 2017 at 2:09 am - Reply

This looks like it was a lot of fun. I love that it is smaller so you can take it on camping trips and even some road trips.

19. Mimi Green September 12, 2017 at 2:23 am - Reply

I appreciate the compact size of the box. We also have large boxes that we struggle to store.

My son would probably enjoy this game.

20. Liz Mays September 12, 2017 at 2:47 am - Reply

I really like this wizardy concept! Trying to finish your spells sounds fun. Definitely a good choice for game night.

21. Cheryl September 12, 2017 at 3:08 am - Reply

My friend’s son would love this game. He loves wizardry and would have fun finishing the spells. I may get this for him for Christmas.

22. Anosa September 12, 2017 at 9:23 am - Reply

What a lovely game to have, it’s been a while since we have games off our devices apart from monopoly. I would like to give this a try

23. Jeanine September 12, 2017 at 12:34 pm - Reply

How fun! This looks like something my kids would love to do. I am now thinking about Christmas as we play board games on Christmas eve, this would be fun!

24. Debra Hawkins September 12, 2017 at 6:54 pm - Reply

I am going to have to try this out with my daughter! I think she is absolutely going to love it!

25. Sandy N Vyjay September 13, 2017 at 8:15 am - Reply

Wondering where all these kind of indoor games went given the era of electronics. But I think nothing can match the fun of these kind of roll games like Ludo, etc..