DIY Beach Fairy Garden

Beach Fairy Garden

I have made fairy gardens with my kids before, and this time I decided on a garden for a friend.  The beach theme was for someone who loves visiting Cape Cod.

I decided on half beach and half succulent garden.

DIY Beach Fairy Garden

For the beach portion, I used:

~ Adirondack chair set with table

~ white picket fence

~ beach sand

~ beach umbrella

~ blue glass (for “water”)

I did place the sand on top of some plastic, to prevent it from mixing too much with the dirt.

DIY Beach Fairy Garden

I thought the chairs were a cute set, since my friend goes with her boyfriend of many years to the beach.  We also bought an assortment of mini shells to sprinkle on the beach and placed a starfish on the table.

DIY Beach Fairy Garden

For the succulent part of the garden, I used:

~ potting soil

~ a variety of three small succulents

~ a portion of picket fence leftover

~ a “Crab Shack” sign

DIY Beach Fairy Garden

You can, of course, situate your garden however you like!

DIY Beach Fairy Garden

This post is not sponsored.

Beach accessories were purchased at http://miniature-gardening.com/

Plants, pot, and soil were purchased from nurseries.

By | 2017-09-09T02:06:52+00:00 May 26th, 2015|Crafts|8 Comments

1. […] We have made other theme gardens as well – see my Beach Fairy Garden post! […]

2. Sierra March 20, 2018 at 8:01 pm - Reply

This is such a cute idea! I can’t wait for summer days. Sierra~Beautifully Candid

3. Kat March 21, 2018 at 11:50 am - Reply

This is really cute! I’ve been thinking about doing my own fairy garden, but haven’t done it yet. I really like this half beach, half garden idea.

4. Sarah Martin March 21, 2018 at 1:58 pm - Reply

This is really cute! I’m planning on building a fairy garden with my boys this year.

5. Barbara Alfeo March 21, 2018 at 2:39 pm - Reply

So cute! I love the blue glass.

6. Jhilmil Bhansali March 22, 2018 at 4:52 am - Reply

How fun, I really loved the way the beach with shacks turned out to be. Would love to replicate the same with my sun and have some beaching fun:)

7. Pat Crawford April 20, 2018 at 6:38 pm - Reply

I’m planning on creating a beach scene for my Fairy Garden in a birdbath. Your idea with both beach and succulent is great. When making a succulent garden, would I have to drill holes in the birdbath (it’s heavy duty plastic) in order for excess rain water to go through?

• Marysa April 20, 2018 at 7:08 pm - Reply

I would definitely make sure you have good drainage for succulents. You want the soil to be able to dry out in between waterings. I guess it depends too if you are in a warmer climate or if the birdbath is outdoors. That’s such a neat idea!