This is one of my favorite simple soup recipes. It is so easy to prepare, and it is a soup our whole family enjoys. I also use vegetable broth to make this a vegetarian recipe.
- butter or olive oil
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 6-8 oz tortellini (we have also used mini ravioli, which the kids are a big fan of!)
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes (keep the juice)
- 8-10 oz frozen spinach (defrosted) or chopped fresh spinach
- Optional: basil, Parmesan cheese, onions
Chop the garlic and saute in butter or olive oil. I love garlic, so I use quite a bit. You can also add onion. I often make this when I am sick, so I use quite a bit of garlic and onions to reap the health benefits!
Add your 4 cups of broth and the contents of the can of tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
Add the tortellini and cook until the tortellini is tender.
When the tortellini is almost done, stir in your spinach.
If desired, add salt and pepper, and garnish with Parmesan cheese.