Fun at Monster Jam 2019!

Monster Jam

I received tickets to Monster Jam in exchange for my post.

This year we attended our third Monster Jam show in Albany, NY at the Times Union Center.

Before the 1pm show, we attended a Pit Party that started at 10:30. You purchase these tickets separately, and it is a neat event to attend. I recommend the pit party, where you get to see the trucks up close, sit on ATVs, and even meet the drivers! It is a great opportunity to get your merchandise signed as well.

One of the neat things about the pit party is to check out the trucks, which are impressive up in person.

Every year, there are different trucks, so we were curious to see which would be making an appearance in Albany, NY. We saw some we had seen before, like Grave Digger and Scooby Doo, as well as new ones like Barbarian and Dragon.

Monster Jam started off with a race, and then it was on to the donut competition.

Next was a two-wheel skill competition, followed a freestyle competition.

It is fun to see the drivers get creative and show off!

One of the cool things about Monster Jam is that the drivers and teams also drive ATVs. There is a race and an obstacle course that they complete to earn points.

At the end of Monster Jam, a winner is crowned based on the points earned from the different events.

We had a fun day at Monster Jam, from meeting drivers to seeing the trucks in action!

Tip: Bring ear plugs, which I would say is a must, especially if you have kids (they also sell hearing protection).

Visit Monster Jam at

By | 2019-01-14T14:52:44+00:00 January 13th, 2019|Family Fun, Travel, Uncategorized|19 Comments

1. Karen January 14, 2019 at 1:31 pm - Reply

There’s really nothing better than a night of roaring engines, huge tires, and cars getting crushed. It’s so much fun!

2. Jeanette January 14, 2019 at 1:35 pm - Reply

My son and my husband are going next weekend to this! They can’t wait to go! It is a great guys night! I can’t wait to hear all about it when they come home! Sounds like they are going to have a great time!

3. Alli Smith January 14, 2019 at 2:17 pm - Reply

I’ve never been to a monster jam. I know it’s something my grandkids would love to see. When they go, I’ll have to make sure and purchase Pit Party tickets too. They’d love being up close and personal with those trucks.

4. Tasheena January 14, 2019 at 3:02 pm - Reply

This looks like such a fun experience. I have to look into taking my nephews to a show. They would love it.

5. candy January 14, 2019 at 3:08 pm - Reply

We have monster truck jams and tracker pulls are really big in our area. Sure this would be just as much fun to see.

6. Tomi C January 14, 2019 at 3:09 pm - Reply

We love Monster Jam. Heading to the show this weekend! Can’t wait for the Pit Party! Oh and we are bringing our ear protection… it’s a MUST!

7. Melissa Chapman January 14, 2019 at 4:26 pm - Reply

WE have never been to a Monster Jam and generally don’t get the chance to see car races. The trucks do look like fun and my son loves Grand Theft Auto.

8. Amber Myers January 14, 2019 at 5:17 pm - Reply

This would be such a fun show to see! I’ve always heard such great things about Monster Jam. I think my family would enjoy this for sure.

9. Glenda Cates January 14, 2019 at 7:00 pm - Reply

I have always wanted to bring my son to this event and I still hope to before he is grown. As we all have our favorite trucks we would like to see and meeting the drivers would be awesome.

10. Heather January 15, 2019 at 12:04 am - Reply

I would love to take my family to one of these shows. They look like so much fun.

11. Kita Bryant January 15, 2019 at 4:18 am - Reply

I’ve been wanting to take my kids for the longest but never got to it we were always busy when they came to town. I hope I can catch it the next time it comes into Atlanta

12. Ricci January 15, 2019 at 6:34 am - Reply

I would love to take my nieces and nephews to Monster Jam!! I bet they would LOVE it!!

13. Catalina January 15, 2019 at 9:37 am - Reply

OMG! This is the best way to have fun with the whole family! I should take my family to Monster Jam too!

14. Chubskulit Rose January 15, 2019 at 11:15 am - Reply

This is the one thing my son always wants to watch. Unfortunately, there’s no event like that HERE.

15. Lynndee January 15, 2019 at 1:47 pm - Reply

How fun! Wish we have this event here in the city too. My husband and son would have a blast watching it for sure.

16. Pam January 15, 2019 at 3:02 pm - Reply

This looks like an event my nephew would love. He is all about some monster trucks.

17. Kathy January 15, 2019 at 4:16 pm - Reply

I’ve only been to Monster Jam once, but I loved it! My husband and I are planning to take the kids sometime. They’ve never gone, and we know they’d love it.

18. Lisa Favre January 15, 2019 at 10:15 pm - Reply

Oh I think my in-laws would have so much fun at this! Check out all those monster trucks and how colorful they are – love it!

19. Bohemian Babushka January 17, 2019 at 10:44 pm - Reply

Something tells Babushka that The Grands would definitely enjoy one of those shows. Definitely appreciate the earplug suggestion, Gracias.