Nowadays, it is easier than ever to create a personalized photo book. All you really have to do is download photo book software or use the online versions, dragging and dropping the photographs you like on to the pages. You can have the option of having this album printed. Doing so does raise the question about which size to choose period while most people will choose either A4 or A5 format, you also have the option of choosing photo albums 5 x 5.
Photo Albums 5 x 5 and Other Sizes
First, there is the square photo album. Most people use these for family holiday albums, pet albums, or baby albums. These albums allow you to focus on a small but specific area of the picture. They come in small, medium, and large sizes, being 5 by 5 inch, 10 by 10 inch and 12 by 12 inch.
Then there is the rectangle album. These are often chosen for wedding albums, graduation day albums, and other such special occasions. Because the images can be larger, it is easier to capture many people and not lose any details. Furthermore, it is possible to add quite a lot of text to these albums. These albums also come in small, medium, and large, being 8.5 by 11 inches, 11 by 15 inches, and 11 by 17 inches.
Photo Album Styles
The above only really looks at album sizes. You also have to consider the style of album that you like. More and more often, online providers will give you a variety of choices for styles, some of which are even handcrafted. Additionally, you can choose different cover styles as well. The five most popular ones are:
- Linen covers, which means a textile made from plant fibers is added to the cover of the book. Each fibre is quite long in length, creating a unique fabric finish that can cover the album.
- The sleeve wrap, where buy a gloss finish is added to the photo album. The wrap is made from thick laminated paper. In many cases, you will be able to personalise the cover itself, adding even more photographs to the front, the back, and even the spine. Additionally, you can remove a sleeve wrap.
- The image wrap, which is usually a matte laminated finish. You will choose images for the back, front, and spine and they are printed on the cover directly. This creates a sophisticated look and makes the album more durable.
- Bonded leather, which creates a matte finish and a rich look. The material is durable and flexible and is commonly used for important albums such as wedding albums.
- Bonded leather with a window. This means that a window is carved in the cover’s center and you will place photograph to be shown just through that.
As you can see, there are plenty of options for you to choose from if you wish to print a photo album. Once you know the sizes you are interested in, it will be time to consider the different styles as well.