Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

I love fresh salads in the summer, and this salad made with fresh veggies and quinoa is healthy and quick!

Ingredients needed:

~ quinoa (I love organic tri-color quinoa)
~ English cucumber
~ Grape or cherry tomatoes (pint)
~ Feta cheese
~ Capers
~ Olive oil and salt

Optional:

~ White or rice wine vinegar
~ Shallots

Start by preparing your quinoa.  I find that cooking 1 dry cup is more than enough for 2 people.  I rinse the quinoa and then stir fry it in my pan with oil before cooking according to the package instructions.

You can prepare your quinoa in advance to allow time to cool, or serve it a little warm.  I use all kinds of quinoa – red, white, tricolor – they all work.

Red Quinoa

I prepare my fresh ingredients while the quinoa cooks.

Chop 1/2 English cucumber and halve the pint of grape tomatoes.

Chopped Cucumbers

Then I mix the ingredients together with a generous drizzle of olive oil and salt.

Quinoa Salad

Enjoy!

By | 2018-11-25T03:10:18+00:00 November 25th, 2018|Food, Vegetarian|10 Comments

1. Angela Ingles November 25, 2018 at 11:01 am - Reply

Even at 6 in the morning, this looks amazing right now! I’m going to pin it to Pinterest. 🙂

2. Maryann D. November 25, 2018 at 12:37 pm - Reply

We love Quinoa and just had it the other day. This looks like a wonderful salad to try.

3. Liz Bayardelle November 26, 2018 at 11:20 pm - Reply

This looks absolutely delicious! I’m not always a huge fan of quinoa, because it seems like everyone put it everywhere for a while there, but this one I will definitely try!

4. Dana Rodriguez November 26, 2018 at 11:38 pm - Reply

This looks really good! Thanks for the recipe!

5. Dorothy Boucher November 27, 2018 at 10:08 pm - Reply

Yum! This looks so good, I love easy recipe and this would be great for anytime.
    @tisonlyme143

6. Lauryn R November 30, 2018 at 12:15 am - Reply

Yummy! This sounds like a delicious and healthy salad! I love salads, I think they are so good and I love that you can switch up the flavor with so many different combinations of ingredients! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!

7. The Frugal Samurai December 2, 2018 at 1:50 am - Reply

Looks AMAZING, so yummy and tasty looking – very healthy too, with Xmas around the corner, we’ll be sure to try it out as a break from pigging out!

8. kathy pease December 2, 2018 at 10:27 pm - Reply

This looks so yummy and I will have to try out the recipe 🙂

9. Grace Hodgin December 7, 2018 at 4:01 am - Reply

I am going to try this. We love Quinoa and this will go well with many of the meals I have planned for the week.

10. Yvonne Woodstock December 9, 2018 at 5:14 am - Reply

Our adult kids LOVE for me to make our holiday meals, including for Christmas, healthy, and I like that too, but I also like them to look christmassy either decorated or in colors and this looks like it would be a good side dish both in that it is healthy, fast and easy to make during such a busy time and I love that it’s mostly Red & Green, which I think looks pretty for that holiday too!