Eating Healthy & Saving Money With My Hannaford Rewards

My Hannaford Rewards

This post is sponsored by Hannaford Supermarkets.

A few weeks ago, I started using My Hannaford Rewards, which is a great way to save at my favorite grocery store.  I feel like I am starting off the year on the right foot, making an effort to save on my grocery purchases and also buying healthier foods.

Hannaford My Rewards

The Hannaford My Rewards app has quickly become a part of our family’s shopping routine.  I check for coupons before I get to the grocery store, or even when I get there, to see if there are some product deals I am interested in.  Once I find the item on the shelf, I virtually clip the coupon.

Hannaford Coupons

I simply scan the app or enter my phone number at checkout to get my coupons and rewards.  It’s nice to be sure that we are always benefiting from the rewards program even if we forget our phones (and easier than having a card to keep track of).

Hannaford has a lot of their own brand items, so right there, this is a great way to save even more.  For one, they are noticeably less expensive to begin with, and secondly, you can earn rewards on all Hannaford brand products you purchase.

There are a bunch of Hannaford brand items we get all the time.  Some of our favorites include fresh salad greens, black olives, croutons, sour cream, organic milk, balsamic vinegar, and bottled water.

Hannaford Rewards

I have been working on eating healthier, so I try to keep the pantry stocked with basics that make it easy to bring together fresh, healthy dishes.  Take, for instance, one of my favorite quick, healthy dishes: chickpea salad.  I go to work when the kids go to school, I’m on my feet all day, and when I get home, I am SO hungry.  I also don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking, and I don’t want to eat junk food.  I promise you, this salad takes about 10 minutes or less to make!  Plus by choosing Hannaford brands, you save a whole bunch on things like olive oil and Feta cheese.

Hannaford chickpea salad

Ingredients:

Small tomatoes (grape tomatoes work best, but cherry tomatoes work too)
European cucumber
1 can chickpeas
Feta cheese
Olive oil
Salt
Optional, but recommended: capers
Optional: shallots

Drain and rinse your chickpeas.  Halve one pint of grape tomatoes, and cut up approx. one half of a European cucumber.

Hannaford Chickpea salad

Simply toss the ingredients together and toss with a generous drizzle of olive oil, and salt to taste.  You can either add in Feta cheese at this step, or let each person top their own bowl with Feta.

One of the things I love about this recipe is how versatile it is.  I think it is a little different every time I make it!  Sometimes I sprinkle in some cilantro, or I use shallots, red onion, or kalamata olives.  You could even add in cooked quinoa to make the dish a little richer.

Hannaford Chickpea Salad

Another quick recipe we are loving lately is simply sauteed mushrooms.  This is one my 10-year-old asks for a lot.  “Mom, can you make the sandwich thing with the spicy mushrooms?”

Hannaford My Rewards

This recipe is also incredibly easy, and a favorite especially in our house of vegetarians!  Saute sliced mushrooms in olive oil, and season with your favorite seasoning.  I like a good cajun or chipotle seasoning (something with a little heat to it!).  Once the mushrooms are cooked to your desired consistency, heap on top of a toasted roll.  You can find all kinds of rolls at Hannaford, from their bagged rolls to Portugese rolls in the bakery.

Hannaford My Rewards

I feel like I am on a roll with healthy recipes and love earning rewards on our grocery purchases with the new Hannaford rewards program.  After just a couple times to the grocery store, I had already saved a bunch.  I love seeing the coupon savings and rewards adding up so fast!

If you haven’t already checked out My Hannaford Rewards, check out how easy it was for me to sign up!

There are three easy ways to sign up:

By | 2018-04-02T19:09:49+00:00 March 1st, 2018|Food, Health & Fitness, Money Saving Tips|32 Comments

1. Dana Rodriguez March 1, 2018 at 8:20 pm - Reply

We don’t have Hannaford stores here but this sounds like a great place to shop. I love fresh mushrooms too!

2. Cait March 2, 2018 at 2:04 pm - Reply

umm hi this look amazing and deg a great place to shop and save! im all about it too for my family!

3. Kat March 2, 2018 at 2:11 pm - Reply

I don’t have this store near me, but looks like a great way to save for those that do!

4. Marya March 2, 2018 at 9:06 pm - Reply

We don’t have Hannaford here any more but glad you were able to save some money on healthy food items!

5. Neha Gupta March 3, 2018 at 7:41 am - Reply

Those are some yummy vegetables to make a delicious salad ! Something easy to pair up quickly for lunch or dinner especially on busy weekdays

6. Lisa March 4, 2018 at 3:16 am - Reply

I don’t have a Hannaford near me but that recipe sure does look yummy!

7. robin rue March 5, 2018 at 1:21 pm - Reply

I have a Hannafords walking distance from my house, but I haven’t been there in years. I will have to make it a point to head back there one of these days.

8. candy March 5, 2018 at 1:26 pm - Reply

Does the app only have coupons for a certain store or can you use the coupons anywhere? Might have to check this new app out to see what it is all about.

9. Amber Myers March 5, 2018 at 1:28 pm - Reply

I’ll have to see if we have these stores near us. I’m not sure if we do. But I always like stores that have rewards programs.

10. valmg @ Mom Knows It All March 5, 2018 at 1:30 pm - Reply

We don’t have a Hannaford here but I sure can appreciate the convenience of this app. Not having to clip coupons and automatically having savings there when yu get to the register is nice!

11. Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh March 5, 2018 at 3:11 pm - Reply

I’ve never heard of this store before, we don’t have one near us at all. I do love apps that the store provides, it makes saving money so much easier.

12. Karen Morse March 5, 2018 at 3:50 pm - Reply

I love being able to save money without sacrificing things that we need at home. I would love to check out that app, I’m sure it’s going to help with my budget! Also, thanks for the recipes!

13. Jeantte March 5, 2018 at 5:33 pm - Reply

I love it when I can save money without sacrificing taste. I’m always on the lookout for a budget meal that is healthy, satisfying, and taste great.

14. Tomi C March 5, 2018 at 5:58 pm - Reply

I love my grocery store app. Helps me create a shopping list and it’s tied to my rewards program so it tracks my frequent purchases and offers recipe suggestions for items I frequently purchase. Oh and it’s a great way to save money.

15. Our Family World March 5, 2018 at 8:32 pm - Reply

That app looks like something I need. We are a budget conscious family but we don’t like to scrimp on the quality of the food we buy. Getting rewards for shopping plus discounts on pricing for products we love is always a winner!

16. Pam Wattenbarger March 5, 2018 at 10:45 pm - Reply

This is a great app. I love anything that helps save money on groceries. Any Hannaford shopper should definitely check this out!

17. Sarah Bailey March 6, 2018 at 12:06 am - Reply

Now this sounds like a great store and a great reword app! I am totally up for anything that sends coupons and vouchers my way! I am going to have to look out for Hannaford stores.

18. Carol Cassara March 6, 2018 at 4:36 am - Reply

This is definitely an app that I can use often especially since it will help me save money! Love that you can get coupons as well. I can’t wait to have it on my phone!

19. chubskulitrose March 6, 2018 at 11:21 am - Reply

We don’t have Hannaford in our place but I love when stores offer rewards for their customers. That dishlooks so good, makes me hungry.

20. Sandy N Vyjay March 6, 2018 at 11:43 am - Reply

Grocery reward points are really useful. As groceries are something that are bought frequently and hence any savings has a multiplier effort. The Chickpea salad too looks fresh and healthy.

21. Peter March 6, 2018 at 2:03 pm - Reply

That salad looks divine. The app is such a useful tool and adding your phone number to ensure your savings without your phone makes it even sweeter.

22. Karissa @WithOurBest March 6, 2018 at 2:26 pm - Reply

Loving all the fresh ingredients. I am all about savings and reward programs.

23. Kita Bryant March 6, 2018 at 10:07 pm - Reply

Man, they have all of the good things! I love the produce this store offers.

24. Heather March 7, 2018 at 4:03 am - Reply

We don’t have those stores near us, but I love when stores offer savings on food. It’s something we all need 🙂

25. Helen March 11, 2018 at 8:29 am - Reply

I wish I had one near me. Their stuff looks nice and affordable.

26. Holly March 11, 2018 at 11:01 pm - Reply

I love when a store has a rewards card & their branded products are healthy & taste great too. Saving money and eating healthy is like a balancing act of figuring out where you can find the best deals along with the best quality. Sounds like you’ve found that at Hannafords!

27. Nicole Gore March 12, 2018 at 2:06 am - Reply

Aww we do not have Hannafords here! However, I’m glad that you get to reap the benefits that it brings…Ps…..I love mushrooms! Thanks for sharing

28. Tosha Ornelas March 12, 2018 at 5:03 am - Reply

It all look so fresh healthy and bonus coupons! U can’t go wrong with that combo. Recipe looks Devine.

29. Echo March 12, 2018 at 5:35 pm - Reply

That cucumber salad looks amazing! Anyway, I love using coupons. I used to be really good at it, but I’ve fallen off the coupon wagon. I should get back on though, because eating healthy is more expensive.

30. Jasmine Hewitt March 13, 2018 at 11:15 pm - Reply

never heard of this store, they arent around here

31. GiGi Eats March 22, 2018 at 5:43 pm - Reply

I love love love when I go into a grocery store and I see BUY ONE get ONE FREE! Ummmmmmm YES PLEASE!! Then I legit buy everything and feel so accomplished and powerful for saving so much money!

32. gloria patterson March 25, 2018 at 9:55 pm - Reply

We don’t have a hannaford store around here. Really like your chickpea salad it is filling and so easy to add more items to it. I have been making this for years sometimes I add tuna and or can/jar artichokes You can eat this as is or on salad greens. .