Fun with Ninja Squirrels from RoosterFin Games

Ninja Squirrels Game

I love board games, as it is a nice break from electronics and the kids complaining about being bored.  I was excited to receive Ninja Squirrels, a new game from RoosterFin.

The game comes with:

60 Cards
4 Ninja Character Cards
4 Battle Ring Pieces
20 Acorns
Simple Instructions

The concept of this game is pretty simple: your goal is to collect as many acorns as you can!

Ninja Squirrels RoosterFin

Setup is very easy.  You simply snap together the four sections of the board, and put an acorn in each section.  In the beginning, we matched the color of the acorns to the board, but as we ran out of acorns, we used whatever we had.

Shuffle the cards, but this is one of the few games that it doesn’t have a major impact if you don’t do a great job shuffling.  (Which is great when you have kids who want to shuffle, but don’t necessarily do a great job).  Then deal everyone an equal stack of cards.

First player (our youngest) puts a card in the middle of the board.

Ninja Squirrels Game

We go around in a circle, with each player putting down a card.  When the color matches, first one to grab the matching acorn gets to keep it!

Ninja Squirrels

I love how easy it is to set up the game and learn how to play.  We played it a few ways as well, to mix it up.

~ to make it a little harder, we played a few versions where you had to match both the color of the acorn AND the color of the belt.  Best when you have only two players, because you can go through a lot of cards before you get a match.

~ some games we set the cards NEXT to the first card, other games we put them on TOP.  Sometimes the younger kids would forget to pay attention and forget what color they were supposed to be watching for, so it is a good way to get them to remember to pay attention!

Ninja Squirrels RoosterFin

We had a lot of fun playing Ninja Squirrels, and this is a perfect game to get out when we have friends or family visiting, because it only takes a moment to set up and requires very little instruction to play.  My 7-year-old had no problem playing, and I would say even younger kids could play too.

Visit RoosterFin games at https://roosterfin.com/

To buy Ninja Squirrels visit: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9LUF90

How to play video: https://youtu.be/DJ6MUotKwNc

By | 2017-08-16T21:14:45+00:00 August 2nd, 2017|Entertainment, Product Reviews, Toys|18 Comments

1. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle August 3, 2017 at 1:27 pm - Reply

This looks like a great game for the little ones. All the colors and the fun artwork on the cards will really keep the kiddos interested. Thanks for the heads up!

2. Joely Smith August 3, 2017 at 5:02 pm - Reply

Our family has always loved games. It is such a wonderful way to interact with the kids in a positive manner. To this day we still gather to play games together. This looks like a fun game we would enjoy playing even though we are all adults now!

3. Ruth I. August 3, 2017 at 5:22 pm - Reply

I also love board games! I think it will be fun to try this. It will give a good laugh and excitement.

4. Marcie W. August 3, 2017 at 7:10 pm - Reply

This game looks really entertaining, and I would not mind playing it along with my kids. I love that it focuses on speed and hand eye coordination too!

5. Heather August 3, 2017 at 10:26 pm - Reply

My youngest is obsessed with board games. This one looks like so much fun and one he would love!

6. Dogvills August 4, 2017 at 2:45 pm - Reply

This looks fun and interesting. We love board games, too,but I’ve never seen this one.

7. Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place August 4, 2017 at 3:52 pm - Reply

This sounds like the perfect family game for game night! I love that the rules are easy to understand. It’s definitely something that I’d play with the kids!

8. Carol Cassara August 4, 2017 at 4:26 pm - Reply

This is such a fun game to play with the kids! I don’t have kids but I have nieces and nephews that drop by to visit and it would be nice to have this when they’re here!

9. Amber K August 4, 2017 at 6:13 pm - Reply

Ninja Squirrels sounds awesome! I can see little ones having a blast with this game.

10. David Elliott August 5, 2017 at 7:20 am - Reply

It does look like such a fun game. Thanks for the great review. My daughter and I love playing board games together and I am always looking for new and different ones to play.

11. Our Family World August 7, 2017 at 1:37 pm - Reply

Another great addition to our collection of board games. Every weekend, we get to choose whether we do a movie night or a game night with the kids. I think this Ninja Squirrels would be a fun game to play!

12. The Cubicle Chick August 7, 2017 at 2:18 pm - Reply

This looks like a cool game for the kids to play this winter when they get cabin fever from the cold weather. – yolonda

13. Adaleta August 7, 2017 at 7:05 pm - Reply

That seems like such a fun game!! I love it

14. Kessy October 30, 2017 at 9:43 pm - Reply

I actually saw this game the other day and was wondering if it would be fun. Thanks for the review!

15. Lavender Baby & Co October 31, 2017 at 3:13 am - Reply

We are a family with a box full of card games that we pull out everyone to play. This looks like one that we would enjoy and easy for my 5 year to play but still fun enough for my 8 year old.

16. Belle October 31, 2017 at 6:17 pm - Reply

Oh my gosh! That is so fun! I bet young kids will absolutely enjoy this!

Belle | One Awesome Momma

17. Debby November 1, 2017 at 4:34 pm - Reply

This sounds like a fantastic game! It is colorful and fun and has so many ways to engage kids. And sooo much better than doing electronics all day.

18. Daisha Renee November 2, 2017 at 4:49 pm - Reply

Looks like an awesome game for the little ones. Mine are too small to engage and would definitely destroy it lol. I will be looking out for this in the future though.