Thai Rolled Ice Cream at 21 Below

Thai Rolled Ice Cream 21 Below

We have been hearing about rolled ice cream lately, so when I knew we would be near a place that offered rolled ice cream, I decided to take my daughter there for a treat.  We visited 21 Below Thai Rolling Ice Cream at the Galleria 7 Market in Latham, NY.

We started by choosing what kind of ice cream we wanted from the menu, which includes three toppings.  They have some neat flavors and change the menu choices as they add new flavors.

21 Below Thai Rolling Ice Cream

The process starts by pouring a liquid ice cream base on a frozen metal surface.

Thai Rolled Ice Cream

My daughter chose a Nilla Wafer ice cream blend, which was a base of vanilla ice cream mixed with Nilla Wafers and caramel.  We had fun watching the process of the ice cream being mixed and rolled.

It took about 2 minutes to make our ice cream. Here’s how they prep the ice cream: (see second video for the rolling!)

The full ice cream rolling process! #rolledicecream #21below #icecream #nillawafers

A post shared by A Nation of Moms ~ Blog (@anationofmoms) on

And here is the rolling of the ice cream!

The ice cream rolling process 🍦 #thairolledicecream #rolledicecream #21below #icecream #yum

A post shared by A Nation of Moms ~ Blog (@anationofmoms) on

The end result is very visually appealing!  My daughter picked three toppings – Pocky sticks, marshmallows, and a Nilla wafer.  Our ice cream cost $6.95, which is expensive for what you get, but it was a treat.

Thai Rolled Ice Cream

It doesn’t appear that they have a website, but you can check them out on Facebook.

By | 2017-09-09T02:08:22+00:00 August 31st, 2017|Food, Travel|22 Comments

1. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle August 31, 2017 at 3:18 pm - Reply

Well, that is the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen! I would love to try this! I’ve been to another ice cream place where they do something similar, but this variation looks like the most fun ever!

2. Bill Sweeney August 31, 2017 at 3:22 pm - Reply

What the what?! That looks awesome! I love the idea of ice cream actually rolled up around other sweet treats. I have to give this a try immediately. Om nom nom.

3. Crystal August 31, 2017 at 5:00 pm - Reply

For real?! Rolled ice cream?! That’s amazing! I’ve never seen anything like it!

4. Joely Smith August 31, 2017 at 7:45 pm - Reply

This is so cool! I mean WOW! I have never even heard of rolled ice cream but you better believe I will find a place to try it!

5. shelly peterson August 31, 2017 at 8:33 pm - Reply

This treat looks so good. I wish we had a place here that serves something like this.

6. Dogvills September 1, 2017 at 6:08 am - Reply

Yum! There’s a shop here that sells rolled ice cream. I am amazed every time I watched them prepare your order.

7. Jennifer G September 1, 2017 at 12:07 pm - Reply

I have been seeing rolled ice cream everywhere lately! It is such a cool trend. It is seriously fascinating to watch it be prepared.

8. Jenn @ EngineerMommy September 1, 2017 at 12:43 pm - Reply

I have never heard of rolled ice cream but wow this looks delicious! I am a huge fan of ice cream and so now I really want to try this variety. Looks amazinG!

9. Rosie September 1, 2017 at 2:55 pm - Reply

A rolled ice cream place just opened up like this week in my area. This is interesting to see how they do it. It looks good, I’d like to try it!

10. Chubskulit Rose September 1, 2017 at 4:33 pm - Reply

Those looks so much fun to eat! I’ve never had a rolled ice cream before, I want to try that.

11. Alicia Trautwein September 1, 2017 at 8:44 pm - Reply

I have actually never seen rolled ice cream before. This is a really cool concept though!

12. Julie Wood September 2, 2017 at 1:25 pm - Reply

I have never seen a ice cream shop like this. The rolled ice cream is amazing and I would love to try it. I bet it tastes amazing and a great summer time treat!

13. sara September 2, 2017 at 1:38 pm - Reply

This rolled ice cream seems to be the latest sweet craze! My neighborhood has two of these places now. We have not tried it yet, but we plan to!

14. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly September 2, 2017 at 8:41 pm - Reply

This looks delicious I have never tried rolled ice cream before I am going to have to search for somewhere near me and see if I can find this!

15. Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place November 2, 2017 at 10:21 am - Reply

This is getting quite popular especially on social media sites! People have been sharing so many videos of rolled ice cream! I think it’s awesome and it’s definitely worth a try!

16. Ruth I. November 2, 2017 at 12:49 pm - Reply

I have seen some videos about rolled ie cream online and I really want one! Sadly, I don’t know a store near here. That looks so yummy!

17. Marissa Zurfluh November 2, 2017 at 5:41 pm - Reply

Oh my gosh, I’ve been wanting to try this! I think it’s SO cool!

18. Wendy Polisi November 2, 2017 at 5:42 pm - Reply

This would be so much fun to watch. This is definitely going on our “need to experience” list.

19. Allison November 3, 2017 at 7:49 pm - Reply

I have yet to try the rolled ice cream, but love watching how it’s prepared. Would you say it tastes just as good or better than traditional scooped ice cream?

• Marysa November 3, 2017 at 8:26 pm - Reply

I would say it is the same. In our case, it had some cookie mixed in. It was a treat especially at that price!

20. Janet W. November 21, 2017 at 12:59 pm - Reply

Wow this looks so amazing and delicious! I’ve never had anything like it before!

21. desitheblonde March 13, 2018 at 7:58 pm - Reply

i like this dam wish i had one round here in mo