Avocado Toast

Avocado Toast

As a vegetarian family, we eat avocados pretty often, but usually as guacamole or in homemade sushi.  For some time now I have heard of using mashed avocado on bread, but never gave it a try.. and I have been missing out!  This is so easy, so healthy, and a great way to use avocado!  I often do this now when I have leftover avocado from another recipe.

All you need is a bread of choice, and avocado.

I toast a roll in a little bit of butter in a pan for this, but you could toast some bread, use a crusty bread, or whatever you like.

Mash the avocado.  I like it a little chunky but it is easy to spread on bread regardless.

Avocado Toast

Spread on your bread.  It is up to you how much you use – you can literally use like butter, or pile it on.

Sprinkle with salt and pepper, or whatever spices you like!

By | 2018-05-13T01:53:16+00:00 March 8th, 2015|Appetizer, Breakfast, Food, Snack, Vegan, Vegetarian|8 Comments

1. Julie Waldron March 6, 2017 at 2:20 pm - Reply

This sounds good, my daughter has just discovered a liking to avocados. 🙂

2. ellen beck August 12, 2017 at 3:46 pm - Reply

I am an avocado nut. I LOVE it and can never get enough. I wish we lived where it grows because here it can get pricey. I do like that some companies are making it more available and look for the ones with no seasoning. I like just a bit of salt on mine and this toast sounds delicious.

3. Julie Wood November 24, 2017 at 12:36 pm - Reply

I eat very healthy and this avocado toast is amazing! I am going to have this for lunch.

4. Amber Ludwig December 31, 2017 at 10:22 pm - Reply

This is one of our favorite dinners actually! We are NOT vegetarian so I hope I don’t offend you by saying that we add strips of grilled chicken and bacon. Then we top with a tomato and mozzarella and put under the broiler!! Deeelish!

5. Amy D January 23, 2018 at 7:19 pm - Reply

I eat avocado toast almost every day. I sprinkle Cavenders Greek seasoning on top and it is amazing!

6. MD Kennedy April 10, 2018 at 3:06 pm - Reply

I love avocados but just cannot get into them for breakfast. I’ll stick to Meusli!

7. Liliane Moraes April 16, 2018 at 8:22 pm - Reply

Avocado gets good anyway. I’m in love with this food. Marysa, thank you so much for sharing this recipe.

8. Debbie P April 23, 2018 at 1:17 pm - Reply

I really love avocados, but I have never tried this. Because of this article I am absolutely going to try this by the end of the week.