The Best Pecan Pie Ever

I don’t know how or where I came across this recipe, but it is a favorite at our home. It’s by far the best pecan pie recipe, and was deemed so by everyone who tries it, even a couple of impossible-to-please fuddy duddy pecan connoisseurs in our family.  If it can pass that test, then you bet it’s a GREAT recipe!  It’s LOADED with pecans – whereas most recipes call for only 1 cup of pecans, this one has a whopping (almost) 3 cups!

For the Filling:

• 3/4 cup finely crushed pecans
  • 3 extra large eggs
  • 3 T butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup light corn syrup
  • 3 T dark corn syrup or molasses
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • dash of salt

Extra pecans needed:

• 1 cup of quartered pecans (to line the bottom of the dish)
  • 1 cup of halved pecans (for the top)
  • Preheat the oven to 350.
  • Mix all the ingredients for the filling.
  • Line the pie dish with pastry dough of choice (homemade or store bought).
  • Add the quartered pecans to the bottom of the crust.
  • Add the filling mix on top.
  • Carefully float the pecan halves on top in some orderly arrangement for best presentation.  I also further decorate the rim of the crust with a fall leaf decor using leaf cookie cutters and any leftover cold pastry dough.  After cutting out the desired number of leaves, I use the back (or dull side) of the knife to make the veiny parts of the leaves. Lightly moisten the rim of the crust (to create a “glue” effect) and firmly but carefully arrange the leaves like a wreath.
  • Cover the top lightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
  • Remove the foil and cut out the center of the foil.  (This creates a foil shield for the leaf wreath, so it won’t burn.) Place the foil back on the pie (it should just cover the outer rim where the wreath is).
  • Bake for another 20-40 minutes, depending on your oven.  When done, the filling will be more like “jello jigglers” rather than the liquid-y stuff you started out with.  If it doesn’t jiggle at all, it’s overcooked.
  • Cool for at least 1-2 hours before cutting and serving.

Comments

1. 1
    courtney b says:

wow i dont even eat pecans but that looks good!

2. 2

I love pecan pie but I’ve never made one before this one in the running for what I’m making next week

3. 3
    Jessica Beard says:

Wow, this looks great. I’m not one to usually eat pecan pie, but this one I think I would like. Thanks for the detailed instructions.

4. 4
    Mary Beth Elderton says:

I love pecans and pecan pie–that’s puh-con :) This one sounds delicious! *pinned*

5. 5
    Jennifer Young says:

This looks fantastic! I bet my daughters would even try it. Thanks for the recipe! :)

6. 6
    Shannon F. says:

Soooo I came across this post while entering one of your giveaways and I couldnt resist trying it myself! It was DELICIOUS! Thank you for a new recipe! I may make it again for thanksgiving!!

7. 7
    Bekah Kuczenski says:

I have never made a pecan pie before, but my husband LOVES pecan pie! This recipe looks delicious, I guess I’ll have to make it for him for a treat :)

8. 8
    Sonya Morris says:

Looks delicious!

9. 9
    Mary Happymommy says:

That looks really delicious. I’ll keep it in mind for next Thanksgiving. Thanks.

10. 10
    Daily Woman (Lacey) says:

Pecan Pie is my favorite but I have never had alot of luck making them. I have only tried one time, I think I might try this recipe out.

11. 11

I admit to never tasting a pecan, will have to buy some and make this pie, though I will have to replace the light corn syrup as I never eat any type of corn syrup or any artificial syrup

12. 12
    Linda Meyers-Gabbard says:

I’ve been looking for a good pecan pie recipe. This looks easy enough for even me to make.

13. 13

I love puh-cans! 😉 This recipe looks delicious and it’s the perfect fall weather pie!

14. 14
    Julie Wood says:

I love Pecan Pie and make it every year for the Holidays. I really love your recipe and pinned it to Pinterest. I am going to try it this year for the Holidays. Thanks for sharing.