The bathroom is the one room in the house where luxury should be present, while the design doesn’t necessarily have to be in line with the overall theme of the decor. Every room should have a focal point, a place that automatically attracts the eye. Here are a few tips on choosing a focal point next time you plan a bathroom renovation.
Image Source: Pexels
- Mirror – A large mirror fixed to the wall above the vanity would make for an ideal statement piece. Mirrors reflect light and if you have a limited-space bathroom, this might just be what you need. If you can’t find the perfect size or shape, talk to a local glazier about having a mirror made and you might be pleasantly surprised at the low cost. Again, the mirror should be in a central location for best effect, while a few mirror tiles can also add some panache to the look.
- Stand-Alone Bathtub – The perfect focal point for any bathroom, a stand-alone bathtub would typically be located in the centre of the room and your design can be built around this statement piece. For the best selection of luxury bathtubs, visit a bath showroom in Richmond or your local bath store where you can view the best units in a real bathroom setting. Whether you prefer modern, contemporary or antique, the bath showroom has it all, plus top-quality fixtures and fittings.
- Vanity – The vanity is always a central focal point and the design possibilities are endless; check out your local bathroom showroom for a great selection of vanity units and the staff are always happy to answer any questions that you might have. Once you have chosen a vanity, you can build the design around that and end up with a stunning bathroom. How do you know if your vanity works as a focal point? When you walk into the room, your eyes should naturally fall toward the vanity.
- Tiled Wall – A featured tiled wall would definitely be a focal point and there are some spectacular tile designs to choose from. Take a drive to your local bathroom showroom or visit a bathroom designer in Sunbury and browse their huge tile selection. Choose one that really works with the decor. If you need some tile design inspiration, the Internet can show you thousands of tile designs, with cool colours and unique patterns. You could choose a gorgeous mosaic and that would make for a stunning focal point. You can be really creative with wall tiles, which is perfect for drawing the eye.
- Patterned Shower Screen – Another cool focal point is an exquisite patterned glass shower screen and the design options are endless. Your local bathroom showroom is the best place to find the right shower screen design and once installed, this should draw the eye of the beholder. This is an opportunity to add some rich colour and screens are made to measure for a perfect fit. Rather than a corner shower, you should have a unit in the centre of the room if you want it to be the focal point.
Image Source: Unsplash
It is important to only have a single focal point; too much in a small space can cause a level of confusion, so take care not to overdo it. If you want some free advice, your local bathroom store would have an in-house bathroom designer and he or she would be happy to assist you with your layout.
Take your time with the bathroom layout and never forget that with a little plumbing, major features can be moved.