Being a homeowner takes a huge responsibility and, for most, the source of their considerable costs. It is essential to maintain the valuable systems in your house to preserve the value of your investment. Preventative maintenance care for your plumbing system is significant as it can show plumbing concerns before they turn massive and costly.
Having a plumber come to your home and do regular maintenance for your plumbing may appear like a minor nuisance, but it is worth it.
A routine maintenance check done by a local plumbing company can help you save money by identifying possible problems before they turn into a big concern. It also protects your home and private property from more damage that can happen at any time.
What Does a Plumber Want to See During a Plumbing Maintenance Appointment?
A maintenance appointment aims to examine your home’s plumbing system thoroughly and seek any possible issues. If a problem is detected, the plumber can provide suggestions for how to repair it.
Expert Plumbing Maintenance Checklists Cover
A licensed plumbing company will have a thorough maintenance checklist. These things include:
- Signs of water damage on the walls or near the cupboards
- Check the pipes for damage, rust, and corrosion
- Inspect the toilet for leaks and check if the flush works properly
- Confirm if the water pressure in the bathroom, kitchen, and other rooms in the house is functioning well
- Inspect for possible clogs
- Check the garbage disposal for damage and leaks
- Perform a pressure test; it will identify small cracks or leaks.
- Conduct a drain cleaning
Once in a while, a plumbing company may also introduce lead testing and video pipe inspection in regular maintenance. But, this service always includes routine upkeep.
Your Yearly Plumbing Checklist
Being a dutiful and responsible household owner indicates you look closely at your systems at home- from the roofing system to your HVAC system too. Also, you keep an eye on your plumbing system- whether your plumbing needs preventative maintenance to keep everything functioning well. Plumbing professionals at Lex’s Plumbing suggest the need to examine the plumbing system at your home to see for any indications of plumbing trouble. We advise that all homeowners check their plumbing system every year- reducing the job and time thoroughly.
So the next time you have enough time, you better stroll around your laundry room, bathroom, and basement to assess the condition of your pipes. These are the things to look watch out for and perform include:
- Find any indications of uncovered pipes and leaks; leakage signs may involve water damage, mold, moisture, or signs of corrosion. In particular, you can look for green stains on brass and copper fixtures.
- Examine the pressure of the water; low water pressure may indicate some deposits from the faucet aerator.
- Inspect the drain to make sure they drain quickly; if not, have them unclogged or cleaned.
- Flush down all toilets at home. Then for some minutes to see if they begin working or producing any other strange noises. You can open the tank and find any unfastened parts.
- Empty the water heater to remove the sediment that has accumulated. If you are unsure how to perform this, contact and ask your expert plumber!
- Examine the tile in your bathrooms, especially in tubs and showers; tap the tiles to see if it is wobbly. If the tiles are moving, the cause may be a rotted backerboard, which may lead to a moisture or plumbing problem in no time.
- Check for mildew on the towels or shower curtains. Expectedly, you wash them frequently enough that this is not an issue; if not, take care of it before the problem gets more notable.
- Try to move your toilet to see if it wobbles on its base.
- Switch on all your faucets and find any signs of leaks.
- Unfasten the showerhead and find built-up sediment or residue inside it.
- Find any indications of corrosion at the foundation of your home or on your crawl space floor or —marks of possible plumbing problems.
Call Lex’s Plumbing for Excellent and Reliable Plumbing Services
If you reside in Mc Kinney, TX, and surrounding areas and you are interested in contacting professional plumbers to conduct a thought inspection of your home, call Lex’s Plumbing. We perform a preventative maintenance inspection. Our plumbers are skilled and experts in all types of plumbing services, from emergency repair to regular maintenance. We also install a plumbing system if your house does not have it yet or needs replacement. Give us a call today to experience our affordable rates.
Do you have more inquiries about our plumbing services? We are happy to answer your questions and provide fast and reliable solutions.