What is a word file?
Before we talk about how to word fix file, we want to explain what this type of file is. Word files are the written documents that are developed and created with the Microsoft Office automation program that is known as “MS Word”. All documents created with this tool are created with the extension .docx, also known as “Microsoft Word Open XML Document”.
On the other hand, it is important to clarify that the MS Word tool provides the opportunity to save documents with different types of extensions. Each type of extension has unique characteristics and serves a specific purpose. Likewise, certain extensions must be opened by specific programs for them to work properly.
How to open a word file?
As you may have already deduced, word files can only be opened with the MS Word tool. Although other tools on the market can easily open these kinds of files, if word files are opened or used incorrectly they can become corrupt. If you want to know how to fix a damaged word file, keep reading the article we have prepared for you.
Why does a word file get damaged?
A word file can be damaged by a wide variety of factors and causes. Traditionally, the damage is caused by a problem or error on the computer’s hard drive. However, the problem can also be related to memory problems, problems in the operating system, a bad update of the MS Word tool, errors in user permission, a bad procedure for saving the file, a bad procedure for copying the file, failures in downloading the file, or opening the file with the wrong tools.
The list of possible reasons can be very long, but these are usually the most common causes for a word file to fail or present some kind of inconvenience. Regardless of the type of problem, word files do not open or open with obvious errors, such as corrupt information, and replaced by rare codes or symbols, which are difficult to interpret or read.
How do you repair or recover a word file?
Below we will present a list of the most efficient and popular alternatives to recover or repair a word file. On the other hand, it is important to mention that to recover or word fix file, it is not necessary to accumulate much computer knowledge or experience in computer programs.
- Automatic recovery – All Microsoft office tools provide the option to recover damaged or corrupt files automatically. You only have to click on the damaged file, and later you will get a window where you have the option to recover the file.
This is one of the easiest alternatives for users to use, it is the fastest since the MS Word tool does not take long to give you an answer about the possibility of recovering or preparing the word file. On the other hand, it is important to clarify that many times files are not fully repaired.
- Forced repair: unlike the previous method, users must place the cursor over the damaged file and right-click. Then a list of options will appear, from which you should choose “Open and Repair”. With this procedure, you are forcing the MS Word tool to recover and word fix the entire file or parts of it.
On the other hand, to use this method, you need to have administrator permissions. Also, because the file is corrupt and damaged it will not be opened in its original format. On the other hand, when the file is opened, much of the content will be replaced by strange symbols, but all the information may be at the end of the document.
- Text recovery: another alternative you can use to recover or word fix file, is to open the MS Word tool, display the option box, and choose the option “Recover text from any file”. With this method, you can recover or repair the content of any word document.
- Console commands: this alternative is ideal for users with a higher level of experience and computer knowledge. You can navigate through the console (cmd) of the operating system and enter a series of commands to recover or repair damaged files.
Initially, you must find the location of the file, determine the last point of the document before it is corrupted or damaged, and then proceed with the recovery or repair of the word document. This procedure is not easy to use for word fix files, as irreversible errors can easily be made.
Most of the time, damaged or corrupt files can be recovered or repaired automatically by the MS Word tool. For this to work, MS Word saves a cache of the word file being used. When the document is damaged, the MS Word tool uses the cache to recover or repair the content that had been created to some extent. On the other hand, when word files are used incorrectly a serious error can occur.
An example of this is that if word documents are closed abruptly, they can be corrupted or damaged with irreparable errors. However, there are certain online methods that you can use if traditional alternatives do not solve the problems.
- Online tools: On the Internet, you can find a wide variety of tools that are designed to repair or recover word files. Some of these online word fixer tools are free and will only require you to upload the affected file online.
Once you upload the file, the online tool will do a quick analysis and then allow you to download a new document with the recovered or fixed information. Other versions of these types of tools are paid for, as they offer a variety of benefits. For example, in the previous analysis is much more complete to the point that you can know the causes that affected the file.
On the other hand, you can also download versions of the online word fixer tools online for you to use on your computer without the need to use the Internet. They are just as efficient and reliable.
Leave A Comment