You have lots of ways in which you can spruce up your table in your home or in any event. Table decoration is an art that has limitless possibilities in creativity and styling. One easy way to add decor to your tablescape is to start with a table runner.
You may want to start by gathering ideas and figuring out a theme for your table, and then going with a decorating strategy.
- You can add to the grace of your dining table by creating a seasonal display or
- You can simply create an additional focal point in the entry way.
The advantage of using table runners is that you can use them on anything such as:
- On a long rectangular dining table
- On a smaller bistro table or
- On a small coffee table.
All you have to do is decide whether you want a custom table runner or a standard one and then implement these decorating ideas.
- You can use it long and lengthwise
- You can make it short and sweet or
- You can even go wide.
It ais all up to you and your creative skill and whether you want a less or more formal arrangement for your table.
A few things to know
There are a few things that you should know before you start decorating your table with a table runner. Though the rules are not set in a stone, there are a few guidelines to follow. This will ensure a perfect decoration.
- You should consider the table runner as the focal point that will visually anchor the table and give it a more cohesive look. Make sure that the table runner adds texture and color but most importantly it should add interest to your table.
- Though the table runners are decorative items primarily being the foundation of the table décor but it will also protect your dining table from damage and spills of the dripping candle wax and hot pans.
Depending on the use and purpose, you can choose from different types of materials for your table runner. This includes:
- Twill or
- Burlap for a rustic and charming feel.
When you use the table runner, make sure that it is placed down the center of the table. You can either layer it on top of a tablecloth or any of the following ways:
- Across the width
- Making an ‘X’ formation using two table runners on a round table and
- Use a shorter one at the center to highlight a centerpiece.
You can also use a lace table runner on a dresser or on top of a credenza to create a vintage, shabby yet chic look.
Summing it up
Being as creative as you can is the key in decorating your table with a table runner. This is an exciting process where imaginations can run wild when you mix the fabrics, textures, colors and patterns. Mixing and matching is the best way to come out with more ideas and inspiration.