These Blueberry muffins are to die for! I share a baking secret that will make everyone ask you for your baked goods recipes no matter what kind of bread or muffin you cook!
2 cups flour (I use whole wheat white from King Arthur)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sour milk* OR buttermilk
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup canola oil
2 Tbl. ground flax
1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice mix (this is just a combination of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2/3 cup sugar
2 cups blueberries, frozen or fresh
To make sour milk: in a small bowl, add 1 Tablespoon lemon juice – OR – white vinegar to 1 cup milk. Let stand 5-10 min. before adding it to the rest of the ingredients*
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 tsp pumpkin spice
2 Tbl. butter
2 tsp. finely chopped pecans
Mix ingredients with a fork until combined
- Make sour milk if you don’t have buttermilk.
- Sift together all dry ingredients
- Whisk together all wet ingredients in separate bowl
- Add blueberries to dry ingredients and mix until coated.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Top with crumble topping.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes.
Elisabeth is the mother of three boys, wife to author A.M. LaMouria, and is passionate about her faith and her family. She loves to cook, create, and be adventurous. Visit her blog at The Lean Green Mommy Machine.
Our family loves Blueberry Muffins and would love to make this recipe for my family.