This chicken is smothered in a lemon and artichoke cream sauce, and best served over pasta. It is easy to make and a hearty dish! Plus, it is a great way to use up fresh herbs from the garden if you have them.
1 (6 oz) jar of artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
Splash of white wine (optional)
2 T lemon juice
1/4 cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
2-4 T butter or olive oil
- Cook your pasta of choice, butter lightly and set aside.
- Heat or melt 2 T of oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, cut it into small pieces, then shake it in bag of flour to lightly coat it.
- Cook throughly until golden brown (about 4-5 minutes per side), adding oil or butter as needed. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the wine (optional), chicken broth, lemon juice, and artichoke hearts. Stir over low heat for 1 minute. Add the cream, basil, oregano, thyme, parmesan, salt and pepper. Reduce the sauce – simmer while stirring occasionally until the artichoke is tender and sauce has thickened.
- Return the chicken to the pan and coat well. Continue to simmer until the chicken is reheated.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the pasta.
Also check out my Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta recipe!
Valerie is a God-fearing coach’s wife and stay at home mom of five bright-eyed little ones. She is the original founder of A Nation of Moms, a “one-stop shop” blog-azine of resources and advice for all moms who, like Valerie, just needed a little help.