CareFresh Timothy Hay Small Animal Food from Chewy.com

CareFresh Timothy Hay Chewy.com

I received this item free of charge from Chewy in exchange for my honest review.

My daughter’s guinea pig relies on fresh hay in her diet.  We were excited to receive some CareFresh Timothy Hay from Chewy.com as we were running low on hay.  Guinea pigs should have access to hay every day, and this comes in a variety of sizes so that you can keep this stocked up.

Give your small animal an all-natural, nutritious hay-based meal with CareFresh Timothy Hay Small Animal Food. CareFresh uses only the first cuts of 100% fresh Timothy hay from the rich soil of Eastern Washington for the perfect ratio of protein, fiber and fat. It’s harder to wear down than other cuts, which makes it ideal for helping to clean and maintain your small mammal’s ever-growing teeth. With 30% fiber content, CareFresh Timothy Hay helps maintain good digestive health by allowing your pet to digest their food more efficiently.

The Timothy Hay comes in a plastic bag, which is nice for storage and keeps the hay fresh.

CareFresh Timothy Hay

I didn’t realize quite how much was stuffed in the bag.  This is a solidly packed bag of hay, weighing in at 4 lbs.  You can see how tightly it is packed in the bag, with the ends at the top.

Carefresh Timothy Hay

We make sure that there is always a supply of this hay in the guinea pig cage, so that Nutmeg can forage as she likes.

carefresh timothy hay

Nutmeg forages on the hay frequently, and we refill her hay manger with it every day.  She also seems to like the furry tops the most, and pulls those out first to eat.

Carefresh Timothy Hay Chewy.com

The CareFresh Timothy Hay is a must-have staple for small animals like guinea pigs.  The hay is fresh and an important part of a guinea pig’s diet, and is not only available in the 4lb size, but also a 90 oz bag size as well.

Check out the CareFresh Timothy Hay Small Animal Food at Chewy.com!

By | 2018-03-13T20:03:15+00:00 March 13th, 2018|Pets & Animals, Product Reviews|22 Comments

1. Rosie March 13, 2018 at 7:08 pm - Reply

This does sound like a good source for hay, and I didn’t realize guinea pigs eat hay! Cute that she pulls out the furry tops. I loved getting the best hay and grain for my goat and chickens.

2. candy March 15, 2018 at 12:38 pm - Reply

We don’t have any small animals around our home anymore. This hay feed sounds like a great source of food and bedding for any small animals people may have in their homes.

3. Jeanette March 15, 2018 at 1:13 pm - Reply

I had no idea the guinea pigs eat hay. I don’t have any small animals ourselves but I have a couple of friends that do. I need to try chewy for my pup. I think they are very convenient in their prices are great.

4. Tomi C March 15, 2018 at 1:48 pm - Reply

My daughter had a guinea pig for years. Timothy Hay was a must. I didn’t know chinchillas also ate timothy hay. Makes sense but I just never knew.

5. Ashley March 15, 2018 at 2:17 pm - Reply

Looks like a good source of food for small pets. We don’t have any but we have friends do. I will let them know to look for this.

6. Dana Rodriguez March 15, 2018 at 4:45 pm - Reply

We buy CareFresh Timothy Hay for Mr Nibs our chinchilla. He loves it!

7. Amber Myers March 15, 2018 at 7:43 pm - Reply

This looks awesome! My daughter really wants a guinea pig. I’ll keep this in mind if we ever get one!

8. Lisa March 15, 2018 at 9:33 pm - Reply

That is awesome that you can get fresh hay in that small of a quantity delivered right to your door. He is an adorable guinea pig.

9. Joely Smith March 15, 2018 at 10:52 pm - Reply

I love it when pet parents care for their pets the right way! I am sort of wanting a chinchilla but I know I have a long way to go before I am ready for one! It is good to know about Timothy Hay!

10. Emily March 16, 2018 at 2:33 am - Reply

My daughter has been wanting a Guinea pig for a while now, she is a big time animal lover. Information like this is really helpful, knowing that it can be delivered is amazing!

11. Heather March 16, 2018 at 4:01 am - Reply

We don’t have a pet but if we get a small one, this is such a great product. I have heard great things about Chewy too.

12. Carol Cassara March 16, 2018 at 9:30 am - Reply

It’s really important that we give our pets everything that the need. I think it’s nice that hay is available for different pets to enjoy. I love that there’s a lot of it in one bag!

13. Cyn Gagen March 16, 2018 at 11:40 am - Reply

We used to use this all the time when we had bunnies. They loved it! I’ll have to keep it in mind if we get any small pets again.

14. Chubskulit Rose March 16, 2018 at 1:18 pm - Reply

Our guinea pigs and bunnies love hay but I have never tried Chewy’s hay yet. I should get one of those hay basket so it won’t make a lot of mess everywhere.

15. Jeanine March 16, 2018 at 1:39 pm - Reply

We buy timothy hay constantly for our guinea pig! It’s wonderful stuff and I have heard nothing but amazing things about Chewy.com! We will have to check it out!

16. sandy n March 16, 2018 at 3:44 pm - Reply

This seems like some wholesome food to the Guinea Pig. Never knew that they ate hay, not that I am an expert on them. But this is some useful information to know.

17. Pam March 16, 2018 at 3:51 pm - Reply

We use a lot of Timothy hay for our Rabbit. I need to check out Chewy to see if it’s a better deal for us.

18. Amanda March 16, 2018 at 4:06 pm - Reply

I don’t have any small animals so I don’t connect with the product, but I have heard such great things about Chewy. It would make ordering my dog supplies so much easier!

19. Sara Welch March 16, 2018 at 6:29 pm - Reply

This looks like a lovely food source for the little babies! I would absolutely love to use this.

20. Jenn Mitchell March 17, 2018 at 4:01 am - Reply

Chewy is such an amazing company. We have been using them for a while and have never been disappointed.

21. anosa malanga March 20, 2018 at 10:19 am - Reply

I have never heard of chewy but I am glad they exist. It really a must to take good care of our pets and that includes giving them also the proper food and of course good for their health.

22. Kim March 26, 2018 at 5:41 am - Reply

The hay in your pics looks rather dry. Our cavies refuse to eat the brown hay, preferring the fresher bags. Spoiled little buggers.