Zazil Kin Beach, Tulum, Mexico

Zazil Kin

During our trip to Mexico, we stayed at a condo in Tulum, but not right on the beach. There is a road that goes along the beach in Tulum, but much of it is very busy so we weren’t quit sure how to plan a day at the beach.

Someone recommend Zazil Kin to us if we wanted to go the the Tulum beach.  We were told if you find a place (like a hotel or restaurant) along the beach and eat there and/or rent a beach chair, you can use the beach (which is exactly what we did).

There are a couple signs out along the main road, so we knew when we had reached Zazil Kin.  We used Google Maps and had no problem finding it between that and the road signs.

Zazil Kin Beach Tulum Mexico

We parked in a large parking lot and headed to the open air lobby, where we were told it was fine to head to the beach.  This is a hotel made up of small cabana rooms scattered around the property.

Zazil Kin Beach tulum Mexico

The beach is not a far walk, and is easy to find.  There are restrooms around the property, and you can use those during your day at the beach.

Zazil Kin Beach Tulum Mexico

When we got to the beach, we paid $5 to rent a beach chair.  There are palm trees by the beach chairs, and it was nice to have a shady place to sit and take a break.

Zazil Kin Beach Tulum Mexico

If you look to the north, you can see the Tulum archaeological ruins along the coast.

Zazil Kin Beach Tulum Mexico

The beach and the water here is INCREDIBLE.  We got married on the Mayan Riviera in 2004, and when we arrived at the Zazil Kin beach, one of the first things that came to mind is that this is one of the most beautiful beaches I have been to.  Powdery white sand and gorgeous crystal water stretching out as far as the eye can see.  My husband and kids went snorkeling and saw a conch and a bunch of fish.

Zazil Kin Beach Tulum Mexico

Just to the south of Zazil Kin, there are other beach properties and boats that take tourists out on snorkeling tours.  They did ask us if we wanted to take a tour out to the reef (however, we did not take a tour).  We had read online before our trip that some of the tour boats were too close to the swim area in an attempt to discourage people from going out to the reef.  There were boats pretty close to the roped off areas, but my husband swam far out with the kids (ages 8 and 10) and didn’t have any problems with the boats.

Zazil Kin Beach Tulum Mexico

When we got hungry for lunch, we ate at the restaurant right on the beach.  It was so convenient and lovely.  The kids were in their swimsuits, and we ate barefoot under the palm trees.  My husband ordered the chicken tacos and said they were awesome, and I got a plate of guacamole.  (Prices are in pesos – so the guacamole was about $5 USD).

zazil Kin Beach Tulum Mexico

My daughter and I also shared some Nachos Naturales.

Zazil Kin Tulum

The vibe at the restaurant is incredibly relaxed (and the kids probably spent more time playing with this cat than eating their meals!).

Zazil Kin Lunch Tulum

(Ok, who can resist this cute face?)

Zazil Kin Tulum Mexico

We had such a great day at Zazil Kin, swimming, lounging, eating, walking along the beach.  It was a relaxing day and just an absolutely beautiful place!

There was still some parking when we left in the afternoon.

Zazil Kin Parking Lot

Tips:

~ Bring sunscreen.  The sun felt very intense on the beach.  I highly recommend reef-safe sunscreens, and also rash guards to reduce the amount of sunscreen you use.  There is a reef out past the beach and every little bit helps!
~ Arrive early.  It was very quiet when we went, but I think in high season, if you want easy parking and the best chairs, you’ll want to get there fairly early (before 10-11am).
~ Bring money and be prepared to rent a chair and pay for food.  There are also lots of people coming through the beach area selling things, from honey to snacks.

Visit Zazil Kin at

Punta Laguna Nature Reserve, near Coba
Xcaret, Playa del Carmen
Yal Ku Lagoon, Akumal
Zazil Kin Beach, Tulum

By | 2018-02-04T03:39:45+00:00 December 6th, 2017|Travel|27 Comments

1. GiGi Eats December 7, 2017 at 2:28 pm - Reply

OH WOW THIS PLACE looks straight out of the movies! A perfect paradise. I have never been south of Texas/Florida – basically never been south of the US before… But I need to change that in the near future. I mean Mexico is RIGHT THERE and it has a whole lot of gems I have yet to discover!

2. Kristi December 9, 2017 at 1:35 pm - Reply

Looks like a fabulous beach, love that they have so much right there: restrooms, chairs, food. Makes it easy, especially when on vacation.

3. Brandy December 9, 2017 at 2:43 pm - Reply

What a beautiful place to experience. As I sit here in NH anticipating snow, I want a warm beach somewhere with sunshine and kitties too 🙂 Love that little black kitty 🙂

4. Stacie December 12, 2017 at 10:00 pm - Reply

Holy moly! Zazil Kin Beach looks amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a gorgeous place. I’d love to visit one day.

5. Bill Sweeney December 12, 2017 at 11:15 pm - Reply

That is a fabulous beach! Mexico looks like an amazing country with lots of activities and sights.

6. Ashley December 12, 2017 at 11:37 pm - Reply

Look at that water! It is beautiful! And I would definitely be playing with the cat too!

7. Tatanisha Worthey December 13, 2017 at 12:40 am - Reply

Mexico is such a fun place to visit. It looks like you enjoyed yourselves! I love just staring at the photos.

8. Sue Reddel December 13, 2017 at 2:26 am - Reply

Zazil Kin Beach looks like a perfect place to relax and enjoy the sun and fun in Mexico. I love the palm trees on the beach that provide some shade.

9. Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place December 13, 2017 at 9:55 am - Reply

Spending the day here would be awesome especially after a stressful week at work! I miss the beach, without a doubt! I love that the beach isn’t the only good thing here but the food as well.

10. Victoria Heckstall December 13, 2017 at 1:50 pm - Reply

I never thought Mexico would be such a beautiful place as I know. The views are so amazing.Looks like a your on paradise.

11. Lily Ashley December 13, 2017 at 2:46 pm - Reply

Oh wow! This looks a wonderful beach to visit. I cant wait to see this next year.

12. Kathy December 13, 2017 at 3:12 pm - Reply

Wow, these are some beautiful photos. I have always wanted to go to Mexico. This makes me want to go even more.

13. Melissa Dixon December 13, 2017 at 4:32 pm - Reply

This looks like a nice place to kick back and relax. I have never been out of the country and don’t know if I ever will but it is nice to see your trip photos. So pretty!

14. Up Run for Life Healthy Lifestyle Blog December 13, 2017 at 8:00 pm - Reply

We loved Mexico when we visited a few years ago. I love the water because you can actually see the bottom of the ocean and it is so calm. I want to go back to Mexico again one day.

15. Nichole Arnold December 13, 2017 at 9:02 pm - Reply

I have never been but the water looks so clear! Looks like total paradise. Will check it out on my next visit to Mexico!

16. Amy December 14, 2017 at 12:42 am - Reply

I really want to go to Mexico! I’d love to visit this beach – and I will remember to bring reef safe sunscreen!

17. Ada December 14, 2017 at 9:32 pm - Reply

This beach looks like a dream. Such crystal clear water!

18. valmg @ Mom Knows It All December 15, 2017 at 4:43 am - Reply

That looks like a lovely place to go. I’ve always wanted to vacation in that area, the kitty makes it even more appealing!

19. Nancy at Whispered Inspirations December 15, 2017 at 3:53 pm - Reply

Beautiful. This looks like such a wonderful place to visit. I think maybe it’s time we book a vacation!

20. sara lafountain December 16, 2017 at 12:25 am - Reply

Oh my , Zazil Kin Beach looks so gorgeous! I need to plan a trip to a warm beach very soon.

21. Joe's Daily December 16, 2017 at 2:58 pm - Reply

That looks like an awesome place. We’ve been to Mexico a few times, but we’ve never been here. I think this will be our next stop. It’s beautiful.

22. Jenny December 16, 2017 at 6:39 pm - Reply

I’ve only been to Mexico once, but I am hoping to make it to other places eventually. This looks like a great family spot, which is exactly what we need! Glad you guys enjoyed your trip.

23. Audrey December 19, 2017 at 4:23 pm - Reply

That looks like such an amazing place! I would love to take my brood there for a little R&R. It’s absolutely gorgeous!

24. Heather Johnson December 19, 2017 at 5:54 pm - Reply

Zazil Kin looks and sounds absolutely amazing! What an awesome escape from the dreariness in my neck of the woods right now!

25. Maryann D. December 20, 2017 at 11:07 pm - Reply

I love the photo with your child and the cat! So adorable and such wonderful photos.

26. Rosie January 25, 2018 at 5:08 pm - Reply

The beach at Zazil Kin is just perfect! Oh, I am wanting to go now! The sandy beach and nice sandy bottom and clear water ooh. It does sound so fun and you got some good tips about how to find your way around. Mayan Riviera sounds like a wonderful place for a wedding.

27. Dana Rodriguez January 25, 2018 at 7:04 pm - Reply

What a beautiful place to visit and the food looks delicious. That cat looks like my kitten!