Kale, Strawberry & Banana Smoothie

Kale, Strawberry & Banana Smoothie

I like to start my day by eating clean.  I feel better and have more energy, and it fits well into my day as a busy mom, as I can take a moment to make a smoothie and take a moment to sip it while I prepare for my day.  Every morning I make a fresh smoothie with fruits and kale, and it is a great way to start off my day on the right foot.

Ingredients:

– 1.5 cups coconut milk / almond milk / etc

– 1 banana

– handful of kale (I don’t bother to remove stems, just tear into pieces, but it is your preference) – you can also mix with other greens or substitute other greens (such as spinach).

– frozen strawberries (I use approx. 5 large berries)

– optional sweetener: honey, etc. (depends on if you use sweetened milk)

Kale Smoothie

– optional: chia seeds, flax seeds, matcha powder, etc.

Directions:

All of my ingredients are measured approximately.  Adjust the recipe to your own liking, as far as sweetness, ratios, and how thick or thin you want the smoothie to be.  You can add more milk or use less kale if you want a thinner consistency, and so on.

Place all your ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.

Kale, Strawberry & Banana Smoothie

I make these smoothies every morning, so I know what ratio I like the ingredients.  You may like less greens and more fruit, or vice versa.  Or perhaps a certain type of milk or other ingredient.  I like to add chia seeds for added nutrition, as well as matcha powder when I could use an extra boost.

Kale, Strawberry & Banana Smoothie

Be creative – you can add so many different things, whether it is protein powder or seeds (chia, flax, hemp, etc.).

Make sure your smoothie is blended thoroughly, and enjoy.

Once I started making smoothies in the morning, I was never able to go back to processed foods for breakfast!

By | 2018-01-24T23:51:59+00:00 May 27th, 2014|Beverages, Food, Health & Fitness|22 Comments

1. ellen beck August 19, 2017 at 6:25 pm - Reply

This doesnt sound bad once the strawberry and banana is in there. I have to admit to not being a kale lover. If it is covered up I can tolerate it. One day I will develop a taste for it I swear.

2. Julie Wood November 26, 2017 at 3:36 pm - Reply

I am going to make this drink. It sounds so delicious! I will have to make for my breakfast!

3. Lissa Crane November 29, 2017 at 11:09 am - Reply

This sounds awesome! A great way to give you plenty of energy to start your day! I will definitely be trying this!

4. robin rue December 4, 2017 at 1:41 pm - Reply

I drink a lot of smoothies, especially for breakfast. I don’t like a big meal early in the morning, so smoothies are a great way to fuel me, but not make me feel super full.

5. valmg @ Mom Knows It All December 4, 2017 at 1:43 pm - Reply

My Mom loves banana smoothies. I’m not sure if she’s ever tried one with kale in it, if the banana and strawberry hid the flavor she probably wouldn’t mind.

6. Alli Smith December 4, 2017 at 2:00 pm - Reply

I enjoy starting my day off with healthy smoothies during the spring and summer. I’m looking forward to trying this one. Looks delicious and I happen to love kale.

7. Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh December 4, 2017 at 2:11 pm - Reply

I make a similar smoothie but I use spinach. I swear that I can still taste the kale, even though you really can’t! It’s just one of those veggies I don’t like.

8. Sarah Honey December 4, 2017 at 2:31 pm - Reply

We love adding kale to our smoothies or juices. This sounds like a great combination smoothie. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

9. candy December 4, 2017 at 6:07 pm - Reply

I love growing kale and using it to make smoothies. Such a great item to use in any and all dishes. The grandkids never know they are eating kale and getting so many great vitamins.

10. Amber Myers December 4, 2017 at 7:35 pm - Reply

I just love smoothies. It’s been a while since I had one, so I think I’ll have to try this out even though kale scares me a bit. If anything, I’ll just a strawberry banana smoothie.

11. Jenn @ EngineerMommy December 4, 2017 at 10:37 pm - Reply

I love incorporating kale into my fruit smoothies. It’s such an easy way to add nutrients to my drinks. This recipe sounds so delicious and easy to make. I can’t wait to try it.

12. Jenn December 4, 2017 at 11:23 pm - Reply

Yum. We make a morning smoothies very close to this. Only we don’t use banana in it because our daughter is allergic.

13. sara lafountain December 5, 2017 at 1:33 am - Reply

I always put kale in our smoothies. My kids once caught me doing it and were so mad. i still do it and tell them that I put food coloring in, hahahaha.

14. Ricci December 5, 2017 at 5:11 am - Reply

Oh gosh I love a good smoothie and this sounds like a good one! I need to try this soon!!

15. Karissa @WithOurBest December 5, 2017 at 2:01 pm - Reply

If only I had strawberries right now! This sounds so good this morning!

16. Sandy N Vyjay December 5, 2017 at 3:30 pm - Reply

Love this smoothie. It is indeed a fresh and healthy start to the morning. Love the strawberry bit the most though!

17. Jilly Spellman December 5, 2017 at 5:06 pm - Reply

This is the only way I can eat Kale. I haven’t made a smoothie in a very long time, but this looks so good. I think I will make one today!

18. Erin December 5, 2017 at 8:51 pm - Reply

We need to start eating healthier and that includes more smoothies in our diet! I love how you used kale but offset it by using something so delicious as bananas and strawberries!

19. Kita Bryant December 5, 2017 at 10:16 pm - Reply

This is one my husband would have loved. He was a smoothie fanatic.

20. Our Family World December 6, 2017 at 10:23 pm - Reply

This would be nice to add to my smoothe recipe collection. I am not really fond of kale, but can tolerate it. The strawberry and banana combination is always a tasty treat.

21. David Elliott December 7, 2017 at 10:45 pm - Reply

I am all for strawberry and banana smoothies. I am willing to try out the chia seeds in them. And Kale is ok as part of a salad, but I have never been fond of it in a smoothie. I’m sure it’s very healthy though.

22. ellen beck May 22, 2018 at 6:38 pm - Reply

Now this looks good. I have an aversion to kale, but combining it with bananas and strawberries I could do this and eat kale. Best idea ever.