Are you seeking a vacation spot with scenic views, exciting attractions, and Southern hospitality? There couldn’t be a better place than Tennessee. Cities like Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains, offering breathtaking scenery with exotic waterfalls and magnificent mountain vistas.
Alongside the scenic views, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg provide unique opportunities to experience various fun attractions like Dollywood and the Titanic Museum. Whether it is a family vacation, a romantic hideaway, or a solo retreat, these fascinating destinations offer plenty of attractions for visitors of all ages and interests.
Not only that, but these cities also offer theatrical experiences, comedy clubs, and live music venues, promising you a fun, entertaining, and memorable vacation experience.
With so much to do and see, you might wonder how to make the most of the vacation. Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. Here are some fun places you must visit during your trip to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.
- Grab a Bite at a Steakhouse
Looking for a one-off dining experience during your trip to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg? If yes, don’t forget to visit the steakhouses since it is the town’s specialty. You will come across a variety of steaks prepared to perfection. Whether you like medium, rare, or well-done, the chefs get steaks ready according to your tastebuds.
- The Peddler Steakhouse in Gatlinburg: This steakhouse in Pigeon Forge is renowned for its tasty steaks cut to order and grilled to perfection. The menu also includes a variety of other entrees, like seafood and chicken, along with delicious salads, appetizers, and desserts.
- Bullfish Grill: Another great steakhouse in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg is the Bullfish Grill. This restaurant serves delicious steaks and has a vast seafood menu, including crabs, shrimp, and lobsters. On top of that, the restaurant also serves creative cocktails, making it the perfect spot for a night out with your friends.
- Cherokee Grill & Steakhouse: Another popular steakhouse is Cherokee Grill & Steakhouse. It’s admired for its steaks which are aged 21 days and cooked to order over an open flame. It features an inviting and warm atmosphere with a cozy fireplace and rustic décor, providing an unforgettable dining experience.
- Get Adventurous at Island
Do you want to spend time at an attraction that has it all? Well, don’t forget to visit the Island during your trip to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. It is home to the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, featuring a 200-foot-tall Ferris wheel that offers spectacular views of the mountains. Besides the Ferris wheel, this attraction provides various rides like bumper cars, carousels, and roller coasters.
Further, the Island features one-off boutiques and shops selling everything from accessories and clothing to souvenirs. With around 40 shops, you can find everything you want. Moreover, this fun attraction hosts live music on select nights with musicians performing various genres, providing a lively and fun evening out.
- Take a Stroll in The Great Smoky Mountains
Are you fond of exploring hazy mountains and taking strolls around the forests? If so, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park might be the picture-perfect spot for a vacation. It’s located in the center of the Southern Appalachian region, surrounded by forests. As a result, you can find many species of animals and plants around the Smokies. You can spot elks, white-tailed deer, and black bears around The Great Smoky Mountains.
Further, you can also visit the national park since it offers a range of tourist activities. Look below for some fun activities.
- Scenic drives: The Smokies are surrounded by scenic views, so how about you take a drive? Cades Cove Loop Road provides breathtaking views of forests and mountains.
- Hiking: This park has around 700 miles of hiking trails, from easy nature walks to interesting multi-day backpacking tours.
- Discover Gatlinburg Pinball Museum
Whether you’re a pinball lover or just want to experience a fun attraction, the Gatlinburg Pinball Museum is a must-visit. It features around 100 pinball machines from various eras, making it one of the biggest collections in the world. You can play newer games from the 2000s and beyond and classic machines from the 1960s.
Moreover, unlike many museums where you just look at displays, the Gatlinburg Pinball Museum enables you to interact with and play games. It offers you the unique opportunity to spend hours playing your favorite game and challenging your family to see who scores the highest points.
Alongside this, it provides affordable ticket prices that allow you to play as many games as you wish during the visit. In fact, you can also purchase an all-day ticket and come back any time in the day to continue enjoying your favorite games.
- Enjoy Yourself at Dollywood
One of the exhilarating places to visit on your trip is Dollywood, a theme park in Pigeon Forge. The attraction has more than 25 rides, including water slides and roller coasters. Some adrenaline-charging rides are Wild Eagle and Lightning Rod roller coaster, a must-try! Besides that, Dollywood also hosts different shows, ranging from comedy to musical performances, leaving you with tons of memories.
Whether you’re traveling with your friends, children, or loved ones, this theme park has something for everyone. Dollywood is also well-known for hosting various festivals and events throughout the year, like the Smoky Mountain Christmas in the winter and Harvest Festival in the fall.
Visiting Dollywood also allows you to experience stunning crafts and culture like glassblowing, pottery making, and blacksmithing. It is also filled with a range of shops where you can purchase clothing, souvenirs, accessories, and whatnot. The theme park is popular for its selection of Dolly Parton merchandise, such as hats, CDs, and t-shirts.
Lately, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge have become the ultimate tourist spots of Tennessee, all because of their fun places, scenic views, and incredible tourist attractions. From the museums and amusement parks to the Great Smoky Mountains, these towns have something to offer visitors of all ages and interests. Hence, don’t forget to include these spots in your travel itinerary.
Leave A Comment