This is a great, versatile recipe that is easy to prepare. It is a nice, healthy recipe that can be adapted to everyone’s tastes. For example, you can choose whichever combination of vegetables you like or whatever is most readily available. You can also leave out the tofu, or substitute meat.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
- 1 can coconut milk (regular or light)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- curry paste (usually comes in a small jar or can – this will be to taste especially depending on spice level) – I recommend red curry paste
- assorted vegetables (for example: bell pepper, zucchini, carrots, bamboo shoots, baby corn, snow peas, water chestnuts)
- Cooked Jasmine or white rice (or substitute rice noodles)
- Firm tofu, cubed
- optional: 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (I have also used frozen basil), or cilantro to garnish
Start by preparing your rice first. I make rice in the rice cooker, which is the most convenient and consistent way to prepare it.
Prepare the tofu if you are using it in this recipe.
Go with a firm tofu, pressing it (to remove moisture), and then cutting it into cubes.
Prepare your veggies – wash and cut up these ingredients as needed.
Mix the broth and coconut milk, heating it in a medium pan on the stove.
Mix in the curry sauce to taste. I usually start with about a tablespoon, but different brands and types of curry can vary quite a bit, so you don’t want to end up with something too spicy.
We use this red curry paste, but there are many to choose from. This brand also has yellow and green curry pastes, which have a different flavor and heat level.
Add in the tofu, allowing to simmer for a little bit. Try to stir gently, so as not to break up the tofu.
If you use rice noodles instead, cook the rice noodles until they begin to get tender, then add in the veggies. You can also add in fresh chopped basil or frozen basil.
Serve with the rice, or if you prepared it with rice noodles, the rice is optional (or you can do both).
I also like to top with fresh cilantro.
Check out our other vegetarian recipes!
About the Author: Marysa
Busy blogger and mom of two girls! We love traveling and the great outdoors, and are always looking for our next adventure!