When it comes to your wardrobe, there are certain staple pieces that you should absolutely, positively have. A nice pair of well-fitting jeans, neutral blouses, and pumps are among them. But what about leather boots?
Reasons to Own Leather Boots
Leather boots aren’t just for men. When you invest in a nice pair of leather boots from a reliable brand, they make an excellent addition to any woman’s wardrobe. Here are a few reasons why:
- Durability. Leather boots are known for their durability and long lifespan. They can withstand wear and tear better than most other types of shoes, making them a good investment. It’s not uncommon to be able to get 10-plus years out of a well-made leather boot.
- Versatility. You can easily dress them “up” or “down,” making them suitable for a variety of occasions. Leather boots can be worn with a pair of blue jeans and a simple cotton t-shirt for a casual look, or paired with a dress for a more formal occasion.
- Comfort. A pair of leather boots can be comfortable to wear, especially if they are broken in properly. They can mold to the shape of your foot over time, providing a fit that gets even more comfortable over time.
- Weather-resistant. Leather boots are fine in both wet or cold weather, as they can help to keep your feet dry and warm. And depending on how well you protect them, they can be extremely easy to clean.
- Style. A nice pair of leather boots are classic and timeless, and can add a touch of sophistication to any outfit. There are many different styles of leather boots available, so you can find a pair that suits your personal style.
Types of Leather Boots for Women
There are many different types of vegan leather boots for women, and the type that is best for you will depend on your personal style and the occasion.
Ankle boots are one popular option. As the name suggests, these are boots that come up to the ankle, and are a versatile and popular choice for women. They can be worn with jeans, dresses, or skirts, and come in a variety of styles, including high heels, wedges, and flats.
Knee-high boots come up to the knee, and are a stylish and sophisticated choice. They can be worn with skirts or dresses, and are perfect for cooler weather. You can also wear them with a pair of tight-fitting jeans or pants.
If you’re looking for a bold and dramatic fashion choice, over-the-knee boots that come up to the thigh are always an option. They can be worn with a variety of outfits, including dresses and jeans, and are perfect for making a statement.
Riding boots are tall, leather boots that are designed for horseback riding. They are typically worn with jeans and have a flat or low heel. They’re intended for wearing outdoors, but it’s possible that you could integrate them into another type of fashion statement.
If you do a lot of outdoor activities, it’s always a good idea to have a pair of leather hiking boots. These are sturdy, waterproof boots that are designed for outdoor activities such as hiking or backpacking. They are almost always made of durable leather and have thick soles for added traction.
Caring for Your Leather Boots
No matter which type of leather boots you choose, it’s important to find a pair that fits well and is comfortable to wear. Leather tends to break in over time, so don’t worry if it doesn’t feel extremely comfortable in the store. You should, however, pay careful attention to the size relative to your toes. The last thing you want is to have your toes rubbing the tip of the shoe. (No amount of breaking in will fix this.)
When buying a pair of leather boots, be sure to ask the store/company for their best tips and tricks for maintaining your boots. Leather is a unique material that requires some care in order to keep in tip-top shape. A good leather conditioner and/or waterproofing spray can help.
If your boots get dirty, it’s important that you clean them properly in order to restore the proper finish and ensure they continue to be wearable for years to come. Here are some helpful tips.
Give Your Wardrobe a Little Leather
Few materials are more versatile than leather. Whether it’s a formal event, casual get-together, or a hike through the woods, leather boots are the answer! Add a pair to your wardrobe and enjoy the versatility.