Dubai is one of the most renowned cities for its diverse culture, tourism, an array of jobs, and whatnot. It is also popular as a wedding destination among tourists and expats. There are more than a couple of reasons for its popularity as a wedding destination that includes the warm weather, extensive housing options, and a great venue for the wedding either indoors or at the beach.
So without any further delay, let’s take a look inside the marriage requirements Dubai.
Foreigners getting married in Dubai
Just because you think you are a foreigner, doesn’t mean you cannot get married in Dubai. Saying I Do is easier and full of pure joy. But you need to mind the following two things when getting married in Dubai;
- The marriage must be registered legally in courts and associated embassies.
- Even non-muslims can get married in Dubai as per the legal laws.
Basic requirements to get married in Dubai
Whether you are an expat or a tourist, you need to fulfill certain requirements that are predefined by the law. For instance, the process to get legally wedded in Dubai includes;
- Residency status
Besides some of the other important requirements for lawful weddings for non-muslims are stated down below.
- The bride and groom must be adults (18 or above)
- Two witnesses for the wedding ceremony are required.
- Birth certificate of the couple
- Witness’s valid IDs are also required
- Provide evidence of divorce or death certificate (if applicable)
Basic pre-marital requirements
Despite the nationality or religion you belong to, there are some documents involved that must be submitted like;
- Bride’s approval
- Emirates ID of both partners
- Valid passports
- Visa status of the couple
- One person, either bridegroom or guardian of bride, must be a valid UAE resident
- A pre-marital health screening certificate is required for the bride and groom
The pre-marital screening requirements cannot be ignored either way. The eligible fee for it is AED 260. The consultancy for the test hardly required 12 minutes. If your test results are negative, then the marriage application can be denied.
Planning a wedding in a foreign city can become overwhelming easily. You can unload your wedding planning burden on EasyWedding’s shoulder. As a professional wedding planning service in Dubai, you will just need to provide the right document when asked upon, the rest of the vital details will be taken care of on your behalf.