Do you rush to the kitchen when you get struck by hunger pangs? Are you in search of a quick yummy dessert to satisfy your cravings? You might not have the energy to indulge in an elaborate baking regime, but protein balls are easy enough to make.
When you can do is grab Protein Bliss Balls at Funch or come up with your own recipe. There is no denying the fact when you give a twist to the Protein Balls recipe, they do taste great.
Making protein balls at home
Protein balls are easy enough to make, and you only need a few ingredients that you likely already have. If you don’t have protein powder, consider something like this pea protein powder.
- 1 ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- Two tablespoons of Almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup protein powder
- 1 cup of nut butter
We listed almond milk in the ingredients because some of the protein powders are dry. You will not want your protein balls to crumble down. If you add in some liquid like almond milk to the recipe, then the ingredients mix without a problem.
Now, let us move to how you will prepare the recipe.
- Use a big bowl when you prepare the protein balls. Add the oats, maple syrup, protein powder and nut butter into the bowl. Mix all the ingredients. Mixing may be a bit difficult because butter will stick all the ingredients together, so you can add in the almond milk to make mixing easier.
- Lastly, add the cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Knead the dough with your hands.
- Once you get done kneading the dough, take a spoon to scoop out the dough for making the balls.
- When you get done making the balls, place them in a refrigerator. Make sure that you do not place the balls uncovered in the fridge. The reason is that the protein balls will dry out, so cover them with a wrap or paper.
Depending on personal preference, you may want to adjust the sweetness of the protein balls. The solution is simple. When you knead the dough, before making the balls, check the taste. If the sweetness is not enough, then what you can do is add some more maple syrup and mix the dough again.
If you think there is excessive sweetness in the dough, you can add a bit more almond milk and knead the flour again.
If you want to get the best flavor from these balls, then you should always make them fresh. Avoid storing these for an extensive period because again, they lose flavor and become dry.
There are many variations you can do with this recipe, like adding in chocolate chips. Coconut also adds the perfect flavor to the protein balls. Be as experimental as you want. The results are going to be worth it. You can also give a coating of shredded coconut to the balls.