Do you rush to the kitchen when you get struck by the hunger pangs? Are you in search of a quick yummy dessert to satisfy your craving? Now, you might not have the energy to indulge in an elaborate baking regime.
When you can do is grab Protein Bliss Balls at Funch or come up with your innovative recipe. There is no denying the fact when you give a twist to the Protein Balls recipe, they do taste great.
Making protein balls at home
Well, first let us list down the ingredients of the Protein Balls.
- 1 ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- Two tablespoons of Almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup protein powder
- 1 cup of nut butter
We listed Almond milk in the ingredients because some of the protein powders are dry. You will not want your protein balls to crumble down. Well, this is why we will add in the Almond milk in the mixture so that all the ingredients mix in without a problem.
Now, let us move to how you will prepare the recipe.
- Always take a big bowl when you have to prepare the Protein balls. You need to add the oats, maple syrup, protein powder and nut butter into the bowl. Mix all the ingredients. Well, mixing may be a bit difficult because butter will stick all the ingredients together. Add in the almond milk so that mixing becomes easy.
- You should add the cinnamon and maple syrup in the end. Next, you should knead the dough with your hands.
- Once you get done kneading the dough, take a spoon to scoop out the dough for making the balls.
- When you get done making the balls, then place them in a refrigerator. Make sure that you do not place the balls uncovered in the fridge. The reason is that the balls will dry out. Cover the protein balls with transparent paper.
There are times when you get dissatisfied with the sweetness of the protein balls. The solution is simple. When you knead the dough, then before making the balls, check the taste. If the sweetness is less, then what you can do is add some more maple syrup and then mix the dough again.
There are times when there is excessive sweetness in the dough. Well, in this case, you can add a bit more of the Almond milk and knead the flour again.
If you want to get the best flavor from these balls, then you should always make them fresh. Avoid storing the balls for an extensive period because again they lose the flavor. There are many other variations that you can do with the balls.
You can add in the chocolate chips too. Coconut also adds the perfect flavor to the protein balls. Be as experimental as you want. The results are going to be worth it. You can also give a coating of shredded coconut to the balls. Make sure that you try the suggested recipe.