Blocked drains in Sydney are a widespread plumbing issue, and every property owner will have dealt with it at some time. Hero Plumbing is a leading company in the field, and over the years, we have tackled many such issues on properties across the region. Most property owners are surprised when they find a drain blockage and wonder what caused it.
Hire Professional Plumbers for Drain Blocks
Though drain blocks seem sudden, they build up over time and suddenly escalate to a point where they cause a backup in the kitchen/bathroom sinks and shower areas. This is definitely a plumbing emergency, and you would need the issue tackled urgently by a skilled and experienced Plumbing Sydney professional.
As mentioned, drain clogs aren’t sudden; sometimes, property owners find that they have to use a plunger very often to clear slow-draining water in sinks, tubs or Blocked Toilet. Little do they realise that it is a sign of a severe problem that is building up somewhere in the drain line. Timely intervention by a licensed plumber in Sydney can help to clear the blockage on a more permanent basis.
Unfortunately, property owners defer calling professionals. The better thing is to prevent this problem from occurring in the first place. It also means you need to be aware of what causes drains to block and take appropriate steps to prevent it from happening.
Common Causes of Drain Blocks in Sydney
Some common things cause blocks in drains, such as:
- Many people tend to discard food scraps in the sink. Even if your sink has a garbage disposal installed, the wastes do tend to sit in the bends or joints in the drain pipes.
- Hair that escapes into the shower and tub drains, soap or any other tiny objects, all become reasons for blockages in drains.
- Tree roots are other common culprits in drain blocks in Sydney. The roots of large trees in the landscape tend to find their way into underground drains in the yard through fissures and cracks. They feed on the water and nutrients in it and thrive. Ultimately they form a net that also obstructs the flow of food scraps and other particles and cause blockages.
- Sometimes, poorly installed drainage pipes become the reason for the blockage.
- Drainpipe ageing, deterioration and collapse are another reason that can cause blockage in the pipe.
Just as it is crucial to be aware of what causes drain blocks, it’s also necessary to be mindful of the signs to look out for. This will help you address the issue on time and call in a licensed Plumber in Sydney to fix it.
Signs of Blocked Drains
- Gurgling sound after flushing toilets
- Water level in the toilet is lower/higher than usual
- Water level in sinks, shower areas drains very slowly
- Foul smells from the drains
- Internal venting
If you have noticed any of these signs in your home or commercial property, give us a call, and we will send out a skilled and licensed plumber to your location. For any more information about our drain block Sydney services, feel free to call Hero Plumbing at 1300 437 688. You can also request a free quote through this form. We have different specials at different times, find the latest discounts and offers on this page.