Curb appeal is usually something a homeowner only thinks about when trying to sell their house. Curb appeal just means making your house look appealing from the outside. Curb appeal can be used for your house even if you’re not selling it. You can use some of the curb appeal tricks for your home to make it look welcoming and beautiful from the outside, to impress visitors, and to make you happy.
Image – free for commercial use
- Trim back your shrubs. This is one of the easiest ways to keep the front of your house look tidier and more appealing. Cut back any shrubs and hedges that are overgrown to get keep looking neat and tidy. A front garden that has been kept tidy can make the house look much more appealing.
- Add some plants in pots. Buy some nice plant pots and plant them up with some flowers and green plants. Flowers are an easy way to add a pop of color and some visual interest to the front of your home. Put pots of plants by the front door look welcoming and happy. Hanging baskets look great too.
- Clean your windows. If the windows are dirty, then your house isn’t going to look it’s best. Keep the windows clean to keep your house looking good. If you don’t want to wash the windows yourself, hire a company to do it for you.
- Paint the front door. Painting the front door a bright color will look appealing from the road and will add some fun to the look of your home. Choose whatever shade you like. Don’t be afraid to choose something bright, as these happy colors will look great against the greenery.
- Clean the front path. Paths and patios can soon look grubby. A good clean with pressure washing will make a big difference. Start the spring by giving pathways a clean so they look fresh, and your house will look much more put together.
- Add porch seating. If you have a porch with enough room, add some seating. A porch swing, a bench, or a set of chairs with a table looks welcoming whenever someone is coming to visit the house. It also gives you a lovely spot to relax and watch the neighborhood go by.
- Make your entryway welcoming. A well-decorated entryway, whether your porch or your front steps, makes your house look much smarter and will welcome visitors in the right way. Repaint the front door regularly, keep the area clean and tidy, add some bright plants in pots, and keep the front door’s hardware clean. A bright doormat is a good addition too.
- Light up the front. Lighting at the front of the house not only looks nice but makes your home safe and more secure too. Automatic lights are useful when you come home in the dark to light your way to the door without tripping, and will also put off any would-be burglars coming towards the house. Add lights to make your home safe and welcoming.
Leave A Comment