Image Source: Pexels
If you are planning to pop the magic question and are using Valentine’s Day as your platform, you certainly won’t be alone, as February 14th is one of the most popular dates for marriage proposals. Obviously, as a romantic person, you want to create a very special stage for your proposal, and with that in mind, here are some great tips to help ensure that the proposal is a great success.
- Make Sure She is Ready to Make a Commitment – The worst thing that could happen is your proposal is refused and if you are planning a surprise proposal, then at some point, talk about the future to gain an insight into how she feels about spending the rest of her life with you. Obviously, you should choose your moment carefully when introducing the topic of a future together, but this should give you the confirmation that you need.
- Customise the Ring – For such a special occasion, the engagement ring should be a one-off, and there are specialist jewellers where you can buy a handmade engagement ring in London or in your local area that she will adore. Every woman would love a unique, one of a kind engagement ring, and by dealing with a custom jeweller, this is possible. Contrary to popular belief, it isn’t any more expensive to have the ring made than buying one off the shelf.
- Choosing a Proposal Location – If you want the proposal to be remembered, plan to pop the question in a suitable place, which might be during a nice country picnic, or even while suspended in the sky in a hot air balloon. This may call for a high level of planning and you might need to enlist the help of a good friend, to ensure that everything is in place at the right time.
Image Source: Pixabay
- Video the Experience –Why not ask a friend to video your proposal from start to finish, and perhaps he can kind of blend into the background and not be too obvious. It would be great to have a recording of that special moment, and when you are both old and your kids have grown up, you can remind yourselves of that very special day.
- The Restaurant Proposal – As Valentine’s Day is such a popular date for asking a girl for her hand in marriage, talk to a restaurant manager well in advance and they will ensure that the champagne on ice will be brought out at just the right moment. There are so many different ways that you can propose, and with that in mind, there are more ideas online to give you some inspiration.
- Cool, Calm & Collected – Proposing marriage is no time to get flustered, so make sure that you have everything in place, which will help you to remain calm and ready to spring your surprise.
It is always a good idea to have a plan B, just in case it rains or for some reason, you need to change the venue, so create a back-up plan, just in case.