Did you know you can make your own microwave popcorn? Unlike microwave popcorn from the grocery store, homemade microwave popcorn doesn’t contain any additives. There are usually chemical additives in microwave popcorn, from PFAS to preservatives to artificial flavorings.
All you need is…
- A brown paper bag
- A Microwave
- Butter (we use Smart Balance) – optional
- Place approx. 1 rounded tablespoon of popcorn into a paper bag.
- Fold the top of the bag down 2 times, then fold in the top corners as shown in the photo.
- Place bag in the microwave for approx. 2.5 minutes. This process is just like buy-at-the-store popcorn, so use your judgment like you would there.
- Remove bag from microwave (Careful – it will be HOT!).
- Add butter (not much, just enough to give it a little flavor and saltiness), close bag and shake.
- Serve in a bowl, or use the bag to serve it in (just cut off the top few inches for easier access). You can also find cute popcorn containers at the store (Dollar Tree, Amazon, etc).
My boys LOVE this snack because they each get their own bag – no one to share with!
It’s healthy and EASY!
Elisabeth is the mother of three boys, wife to author A.M. LaMouria, and is passionate about her faith and her family. She loves to cook, create, and be adventurous. Visit her blog at The Lean Green Mommy Machine.