The Pottery Place, Albany, NY

The Pottery Place Albany NY

This summer, I decided to treat the kids to a trip to the Pottery Place.  We have been there before to paint ceramic pieces, attend a Girl Scout event, and attend birthday parties.

The Pottery Place is located in Albany, NY in Stuyvesant Plaza, which is a nice shopping plaza located near the end of the Northway.

You start by choosing an item you would like to paint.  There is an entire wall of items to choose from, ranging from small to large pieces.  They also carry seasonal items.

The Pottery Place Albany NY

Once you have chosen a piece, you let an employee know.  You fill out a card with your information including your start and end time.  You are charged a fee for studio time in addition to the cost of the piece that you paint.

The first step once you get your piece is to gently wipe it down with a damp sponge.

Pottery Place Albany NY

Once you have wiped down the piece you are going to paint, you can get your supplies.  There are all kinds of tools, from brushes to tape and tubes for writing things and sponges to paint with.

Pottery Place Albany NY

You pick out several colors to use in your project, and can refill as needed.

Pottery Place Albany NY

My kids always have a good time working on their projects when they go to The Pottery Place.

Pottery Place Albany NY

The Pottery Place Albany NY The Pottery Place Albany NY

Once you are done with your piece, you leave it at the Pottery Place for them to fire it.  You can pick it up at a later date.

The Pottery Place is a nice place to paint some ceramics and have fun, and my kids always enjoy going.  It can be pricey depending on your piece and how long you stay, but it makes for a nice treat.

Visit the Pottery Place at https://thepotteryplace.com/

By | 2018-12-25T22:27:34+00:00 December 12th, 2018|Family, Family Fun, Travel|21 Comments

1. Candy December 12, 2018 at 1:12 pm - Reply

We did that with the grandkids one summer. They had a blast. Everyone should try it out

2. robin rue December 12, 2018 at 1:12 pm - Reply

We have a place like that near here and my kids love going. It fun to spend a night getting creative sometimes.

3. Amber Myers December 12, 2018 at 1:35 pm - Reply

I love places like this! I’ve taken my kids, and they have a blast. They still have their treasures that they painted. I love how your items came out.

4. Kita Bryant December 12, 2018 at 1:40 pm - Reply

My daughter is crafty and she would love this. She and her friends wanted to do something during the holiday break I might try and find somewhere near me to take her too.

5. Jeanette December 12, 2018 at 2:20 pm - Reply

I absolutely love doing pottery with my kiddo. It is so much fun to see their imaginations just run with whatever. What a perfect way to make a personal Christmas gift.

6. Alli Smith December 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm - Reply

I did that when I was a tween! I still have some of the pieces I painted. It was so much fun and it’s a great way to create DIY gifts.

7. Terri Steffes December 12, 2018 at 3:19 pm - Reply

I love this post! I just did a piece about my mom and ceramics a few days ago! I am glad that there are still people out there doing this!

8. Jenn @ EngineerMommy December 12, 2018 at 8:04 pm - Reply

This place sounds awesome. We went to some place like this a year ago and the kids had sooo much fun!!

9. Heather December 12, 2018 at 9:28 pm - Reply

We have a similar place locally and my kids and I love going there! It’s actually been a little while since we went and this reminds me to make an appt!

10. Lian Wright December 12, 2018 at 9:57 pm - Reply

I would love to go to a place like this! The hedgehog and the cat sculptures are so cute. My kids would have gone crazy making them.

11. Grace Hodgin December 12, 2018 at 11:39 pm - Reply

These places are always fun. My husband and I taught pottery and feel ceramic places are great to get kids interested in the art of pottery and sculpture.

12. Pam December 13, 2018 at 1:27 am - Reply

I have been wanting to go to somewhere like this for a girls night out. I went once and had a lot of fun.

13. Emily December 13, 2018 at 3:48 am - Reply

That is such beautiful painted pottery! My kids and I love to go and paint pottery, they have cute little critters they have painted and we also have some cups and plates they painted. It is a fun way to see their artwork through the years.

14. Anosa Malanga December 13, 2018 at 6:10 am - Reply

I have never been to this place and I would love to be able to see and experience pottery. I hope I could finally be able to visit such in the future

15. Chubskulit Rose December 13, 2018 at 12:14 pm - Reply

I love places like this where you can create pretty little things. I am fond of getting unique knick knacks at a place like this.

16. Tasheena December 13, 2018 at 1:51 pm - Reply

This looks like such a nice experience. I would love to bring my mom for a day trip. She would love this.

17. Tabitha Blue December 13, 2018 at 4:00 pm - Reply

It’s so fun to visit pottery shops!!! We haven’t done that in so long. How fun!

18. Brandy December 13, 2018 at 5:12 pm - Reply

The Pottery Place looks like such a fun place to visit and craft it up a little. I love the idea of painting pottery, I used to paint ceramics as I had a Great Aunt who had a basement of that stuff to make them (she hosted classes on that stuff). We used to make our own Christmas ornament every year. I’m going to see how far Albany NY is from my NH location.

19. Ricci December 14, 2018 at 12:11 pm - Reply

Now this looks like a fun thing to do with your friends and family! Plus you can keep what you make!

20. Pamela January 7, 2019 at 9:04 pm - Reply

Oh, this looks like it would be so much fun!! I love that you have the freedom to design and paint your piece the way you want.

21. Lisa January 8, 2019 at 1:04 am - Reply

What a great way to spend time with your kids, and enjoyment for everyone. Looks like fun!