Monster Jam at the Times Union Center January 12-13, 2019

Monster Jam

IWe have been going to Monster Jam for a couple years now. It is a unique experience and a fun event to check out!

We like attending out the pre-show Pit Party that takes place before the Monster Jam. You can wander around and meet the drivers in the arena, and see the vehicles up close. (Tickets for the Pit Party are purchased in addition to your Monster Jam tickets).

There have been different cars every year, and it’s neat to check out who is at Monster Jam at each show.

Photo credit: MonsterJam.com

Considering the trucks average over 10 feet tall, it is very impressive to see up close. The tires are taller than my kids, even weighing in at 800 lbs a piece, so its neat to see it all right up close.

Monster Jam 2018

The show usually starts off with some truck races.

Monster Jam 2018

There are a range of competitions, including creative competitions, where the audience can help cheer on their favorites. There is usually a donut competition, two-wheel skill competition, and a freestyle competition.

Monster Jam 2018

There are always some unplanned things too, like some flips that go wrong or the occasional breakdown.

Monster Jam 2018

The Monster Jam drivers also drive ATVs, and it is exciting to see them race.

Monster Jam 2018

At the end, one Monster Truck driver is the champion!  Some of the event winners were based on speed, and others involved audience participation.

Tip: We brought some ear plugs, which I would say is a must, especially if you have kids (they also sell hearing protection).

Monster Jam will be at the Times Union Center in Albany, New York from January 12-13, 2019.

Visit Monster Jam at

By | 2018-12-31T19:09:27+00:00 December 23rd, 2018|Family Fun|39 Comments

1. Candy December 30, 2018 at 3:35 am - Reply

Haven’t been to a monster jam. Tractor pulls and derby’s are big where we live.

2. Lori Bosworth December 30, 2018 at 7:23 pm - Reply

I’ve never been to Monster Jam, but I know they have them in my city. Looks like you had a great time!

3. Melissa Chapman December 30, 2018 at 8:15 pm - Reply

This looks like so much fun to enjoy with the whole family. We are not truck enthusiasts but you are making me rethink this because it seems like a great time.

4. Heather Barber McMechan December 31, 2018 at 2:56 am - Reply

This must’ve been quite the experience for you. I know we’ve always planned a trip, but never really thought it would be family-friendly.

5. ambitiously, amanda December 31, 2018 at 7:57 am - Reply

always wanted to go to one of these as a kid! looks like a hoot – glad you and the little ones had fun 🙂

6. Fatima Arnan December 31, 2018 at 8:20 am - Reply

Haven’t seen those in person but I think it really looks fun and amazing! Kids would really love those.

7. Ankita Magdani December 31, 2018 at 10:10 am - Reply

It was fun to watch & read the monster jam. Never attended one before. But it does sound like fun.

8. Terri Beavers December 31, 2018 at 2:42 pm - Reply

I love going to Monster Jams with the grandkids. They think it’s the best thing in the world. Thank you so much for sharing this event, unfortunately, it’s a bit too far for me to travel to. Bummer!

9. Lynndee December 31, 2018 at 2:42 pm - Reply

We’ve never been to a Monster Jam. But that is the kind of show that my husband and son would go gaga, for sure. I will have to check where we can watch one.

10. Traci Frett December 31, 2018 at 2:44 pm - Reply

I’ve been wanting to go here with my family but always forget about it! Thank you for the reminder! I need to tell my husband so he can find tickets – those trucks are huge!

11. Candy December 31, 2018 at 2:45 pm - Reply

We don’t have monster jams with this type of cars. We do the tractor pulls which are big or the truck pulls.

12. Heather December 31, 2018 at 3:07 pm - Reply

I would love to take my kids to a Monster Jam show. I bet they would really love it.

13. What Corinne Did December 31, 2018 at 3:08 pm - Reply

Looks like a very unique and impressive show. I have heard of those but never went to one!

14. Nate December 31, 2018 at 4:27 pm - Reply

I remember Monster Jam when I was younger. The Wonder Woman logo looks cool on that truck!

15. Jeanette December 31, 2018 at 4:43 pm - Reply

My son is going to this in a month here! He is SO excited! It looks like a lot of family fun without using any technology!

16. Destany December 31, 2018 at 6:12 pm - Reply

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! A few of my friends have taken their family to Monster Jam before, and I know they all loved it! I bet my nephew, who is obsessed with cars would be right at home.

17. Cherri Megasko December 31, 2018 at 7:09 pm - Reply

I went on a date to a monster truck rally eons ago, and I have to say, it was one of the most interesting “dates” I had ever been on. The Monster Jam looks like it would be non-stop fun and excitement for the entire family.

18. Amber Myers December 31, 2018 at 7:16 pm - Reply

This would be so cool to see. We hope to go one day. It does come through San Antonio. I know the kids would like it.

19. Harmony Lee December 31, 2018 at 7:22 pm - Reply

I have ALWAYS wanted to go see Monster Jam. Your pictures are awesome. I look forward to checking it out for myself! Thanks for sharing!

20. Tasheena December 31, 2018 at 8:03 pm - Reply

I’ve always wanted to take my son to Monster Jam. This looks like such a fun experience.

21. Tomi C December 31, 2018 at 8:40 pm - Reply

My kids love going to Monster Jam. We went a couple of times last year and had an amazing time. It’s loud, it’s fun and it’s affordable family fun

22. Alvern @ Success Unscrambled December 31, 2018 at 8:59 pm - Reply

Wow! This is definitely something different that the whole family can enjoy. It is so great that you can get to meet the drivers as it makes the experience a little more personal.

23. Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes December 31, 2018 at 9:20 pm - Reply

My nephew would love this! And we are only a few hours from Albany. The pre-show party sounds so fun!

24. Teresa December 31, 2018 at 11:11 pm - Reply

We haven’t been to Monster Jam in a couple of years, but for quite awhile there, we were going all the time when they were in Chicago. My son fondly remembers going to all the arena events.

25. sara lafountain January 1, 2019 at 2:12 am - Reply

My boys went to a Moster Jam show a few years ago and they loved it! It is such a fun activity, and I am so glad they are still doing these shows.

26. Jeanine January 1, 2019 at 2:17 am - Reply

Oh monster jam would be so much fun. I know my
    Boys would absolutely love it! I wish I could take the whole family! So fun

27. Neha January 1, 2019 at 6:05 am - Reply

How fun these cars look! You have captured them wonderfully! I am tempted to visit here sometime soon!

28. Dani Flanders January 1, 2019 at 1:04 pm - Reply

There’s something about this that makes me think I would actually really enjoy it 🙂 I think just the atmosphere would be so energetic (and who doesn’t love concession nachos?!)

29. Karen January 1, 2019 at 4:48 pm - Reply

Yowza! This looks like a seriously intense event! I can’t imagine how these massive trucks can even manage to maneuver around!

30. Kay January 1, 2019 at 5:36 pm - Reply

I’m hoping to take my kids this year. We didn’t make it last year. We chose Disney on ice instead but now that Disney is out the way we are definitely taking the kids to see the big monster trucks. I heard it gets really loud but I dont care. We are going

31. Becca Wilson January 1, 2019 at 11:58 pm - Reply

Monster Jam is something that is on our list to take our son to in the Spring when it comes here. It is always so much fun!

32. Claire Lee January 2, 2019 at 12:43 am - Reply

This looks so fun! I’ve never been but definitely saw similar events like these! I’ll have to check it out sometime.

33. bohemian babushka January 2, 2019 at 1:02 am - Reply

The Grands would love attending one of those jams!! Wonder if they have them around here… will be finding out. Gracias for the intro. BB2U

34. rika January 2, 2019 at 2:50 am - Reply

I have always wanted to take my kids to see Monster Jam! We are going to check out their future events!

35. nicole durham January 2, 2019 at 3:16 am - Reply

I have never been to a monster jam, so I didn’t know how big the trucks were… and seeing that tire compared to your child just blew my mind. WOW they are soooo much bigger than I thought. Now I feel like everything I thought about monster jams was a lie lol.

36. Ricci January 2, 2019 at 6:06 am - Reply

I love Monster Jam and I wish my nieces and nephews did too because I would totally take them with me! LOL!

37. Blair villanueva January 2, 2019 at 4:59 pm - Reply

Those truck are huge! I never seen that kind if truck before. Do you know how to drive them? That would be fun!

38. Vidya Tiru January 5, 2019 at 10:37 pm - Reply

I always think we need to go to the Monster Jam and it sounds and looks supercool by your descriptions too.. so next time it arrives in the SF Bay Area (and it does, every year), we will be there..

39. Kitty January 7, 2019 at 5:05 am - Reply

I have never been to a monster jam before… It looks like fun to be there… Those are some huge trucks :O :D, so if we have something like that in NJ or NY i would love to visit 🙂