Moss Glen Falls, Granville, Vermont

We recently took a road trip through Vermont, and wanted to visit several waterfalls.  One of the ones we were able to easily find was Moss Glen Falls, located in Granville, Vermont.

We found this falls right on Vermont Route 100, and had no problem finding the falls using Google Maps.  Note that there is another Moss Glen Falls located in Stowe!

The parking area is located right on the road, and is clearly marked with a sign.

Moss Glen Falls, Granville, Vermont

From the parking area there is a boardwalk going to both Little Moss Glen Falls (to the right), and Moss Glen Falls (to the left).  You can just about see both from the parking area, and the walk is very minimal.

There is some information at the trailhead.

Moss Glen Falls Trailhead, Granville, Vermont

The walk to the falls is very short, and the trail was well-maintained.

Moss Glen Falls, Granville, Vermont

We visited the small falls first, which were still flowing a little bit in mid-August.  I imagine earlier in the season, there would be a lot more water.

Moss Glen Falls, Granville, Vermont

The large falls is much larger, and very impressive.  Just beautiful!

Moss Glen Falls, Granville, Vermont

Moss Glen Falls Trailhead, Granville, Vermont

The water was still flowing in late August 2018.  Again, I am sure it would be even more impressive with higher water levels in the spring and early summer.

Moss Glen Falls Trailhead, Granville, Vermont

The water is beautiful and clear.

Moss Glen Falls, Granville, Vermont

… and VERY cold!  You could feel the cold air emanating off the water.

Moss Glen Falls, Granville, Vermont

What a beautiful place to visit and dip our feet in.  We had a lovely time stopping to check out this location and enjoy the beauty of Moss Glen Falls.

I recommend “Waterfalls of New England”, which was a great resource this summer.

Also be sure to check out our other Vermont destinations and Vermont hikes!

By | 2018-09-01T02:50:55+00:00 September 1st, 2018|Travel|19 Comments

1. GiGi Eats September 4, 2018 at 5:36 pm - Reply

What a great place to visit at the end of the summer! It looks so serene. I am envious! I feel like we don’t really have places like that around where I live (because um, we have no water – LOL)

2. candy September 4, 2018 at 5:37 pm - Reply

I have always heard about how pretty Vermont is to visit. This is just the kinds of things we love to visit and explore. Photos are beautiful, going to have to make plans to head your way.

3. Jeanette September 4, 2018 at 5:47 pm - Reply

That looks like a wonderful place to explore. I really wish I had some places around here that I could explore with my family, at least as beautiful as this one. I hope I can get out there one day and check out all the beauty there.

4. Jenn @ EngineerMommy September 4, 2018 at 5:47 pm - Reply

We went to Vermont last month and had a great time. We visited BUrlington and Shelburne… both great towns! This looks like another fabulous destination. I’d love to visit!

5. Amber Myers September 4, 2018 at 6:46 pm - Reply

How pretty. I’m always a fan of waterfalls. If I’m ever in Vermont, I’ll keep these falls in mind for sure.

6. robin rue September 4, 2018 at 7:27 pm - Reply

That is a very pretty waterfall. We go to New Hampshire a lot and I love all the waterfalls there are up in Northern New England to explore.

7. Ricci September 4, 2018 at 8:48 pm - Reply

What a gorgeous hike! I would love to travel to Vermont one day! Fingers crossed I can make it happen!!

8. Tasheena September 4, 2018 at 11:37 pm - Reply

I can’t remember the last time that I visited Vermont. Your photos are stunning. I can’t wait to check out the Moss Glen Falls with my family.

9. Destany September 5, 2018 at 2:54 am - Reply

What a gorgeous waterfall! I could totally see myself curling up next to that with a book and completely losing a day doing nothing but sitting there and taking it all in!

10. Rachel September 5, 2018 at 4:00 am - Reply

Vermont is on my list of places to visit. I need to bump it up! This looks beautiful.

11. wendy September 5, 2018 at 11:33 am - Reply

I love VT and all that cold fresh clean water in the mountains! Great pics of the fall.

12. Chubskulit Rose September 5, 2018 at 3:54 pm - Reply

That is one beautiful Falls! Nothing beats the natural beauty of nature. I bet it is fun to swim there.

13. Terri Steffes September 5, 2018 at 4:11 pm - Reply

Vermont is one of the states (only 4 left!) that I haven’t visited. When I come, I will put this one on my list.

14. Kathy September 5, 2018 at 4:24 pm - Reply

Those are some really nice photos. That waterfall is so beautiful! I would love to go there just to see the waterfall. I love seeing all kinds of nature.

15. Farrah Less September 5, 2018 at 5:56 pm - Reply

What a breathtaking waterfalls I will add this on my list to visit while in Vermont. I like searching for waterfalls while taking a hikes. One of my favorite past time.

16. Heather September 6, 2018 at 12:16 am - Reply

We love Vermont! We have family not far from Burlington. It’s so beautiful there.

17. Jeanine September 6, 2018 at 1:10 am - Reply

So beautiful! I would love to visit Vermont!! It’s for sure on my bucket list!

18. Denay DeGuzman September 6, 2018 at 4:42 am - Reply

I’ve always wanted to plan a cross-country trip and visit Vermont. Your beautiful post about the Moss Glen Falls is fabulous! It brought on feelings of wanderlust…

19. Heather September 6, 2018 at 9:15 pm - Reply

This is beautiful and so different than the weather we are seeing in Arizona. My daughters would love to be able to explore such a lush trail while soaking in those upcoming fall temps!