Build a Muddy Fuel Cell with MudWatt from Magical Microbes!

MudWatt

I received a MudWatt kit in exchange for our honest review.

When my kids complain that they are bored and have nothing to do, it can be a challenge to find something that is a good quality activity for them – especially when it comes to keeping screen time to a minimum.  It is nice to find an activity that they are interested in, and even better if it has an educational component.  We recently discovered the MudWatt kit for kids, which is a really cool science experiment for kids.

MuddWatt

The kit comes with everything you need – except the mud!

MudWatt

My daughter is 10, and I had her do as much of the kit on her own as possible.  She had a few questions but otherwise did everything on her own!  The directions are very easy to follow.

MudWatt

Soon, our MudWatt was being constructed!

MudWatt

We found some fantastic mud to use for our MudWatt, and soon my daughter was using it for the container.

MudWatt

Once everything was in place, the wiring was the final step (for the first stage).

MudWatt

Once the MudWatt was constructed, you need to wait a few weeks for the LED light to start blinking.  The kit has a clock function that you can wire on once you have enough energy.  The neat thing is being able to check back, and my daughter was super excited to see if the LED would be blinking.

My daughter kept track of the energy using the MudWatt app, which also tells you when you have enough energy for the clock.

MudWatt

Overall, this is a pretty cool kit.  The whole idea is very original, and my daughter was begging me to get started on the kit.  It kept her interest enough that she assembled it in one shot and remembered to keep checking back on her MudWatt, using the free Explorer app to track the energy.  This experiment has lasted many weeks, which is definitely a bonus – the MudWatt is reusable and can last for years!

I highly recommend this kit for fun and for learning for a variety of ages!

Check out the MudWatt at

Check out this fun video to learn about the MudWatt:

By | 2018-03-25T13:50:44+00:00 October 18th, 2017|Education, Entertainment, Product Reviews, Toys|23 Comments

1. Maryann D. October 19, 2017 at 9:16 am - Reply

This seems like a fun, interesting and educational kit. This would be perfect entertainment for a cold winter’s day.

2. candy October 20, 2017 at 11:45 am - Reply

My grandchildren are not old enough for this project. Think it would make a wonderful gift or just a because purchase to help the kids get involved and see how things are made and work.

3. Amber Myers October 20, 2017 at 12:20 pm - Reply

So cool! My kids would have so much fun with this. I might have to pick it up for Christmas.

4. Alli Smith October 20, 2017 at 12:44 pm - Reply

My 11-year-old grandson would love this. He’s really into experiments like this. Sounds like a cool Christmas gift. I love gifts that make learning fun.

5. Jeanette October 20, 2017 at 1:33 pm - Reply

This would be a lot of fun! My son loves to do experiments and something like this would be right up his alley. Christmas is coming this might be a great gift for him

6. Sandy N Vyjay October 20, 2017 at 3:28 pm - Reply

This is indeed a wholesome and educational activity for the kids. Definitely something other than the addictive video and mobile games .

7. Tomi C October 20, 2017 at 6:31 pm - Reply

I am all about STEM games and educational items for kids. It really helps bring the science of how things work to light.

8. Sarah Bailey October 20, 2017 at 6:44 pm - Reply

Now that is such an awesome and fun sounding kit, what a great way to learn and have fun at the same time.

9. Lisa October 20, 2017 at 7:26 pm - Reply

What a fun sounding kit. I have a son who would love this so much. It would be a great Christmas gift.

10. Claudia Krusch October 20, 2017 at 10:26 pm - Reply

This is going to be a great Christmas gift for my Son.I am always looking for fun and educational things for him to play with.

11. ricci October 21, 2017 at 4:23 am - Reply

Oh now this looks like a lot of fun! I know a few of my nieces and nephews that would love this!!

12. Amy Smith October 21, 2017 at 12:48 pm - Reply

My kids love science and different experiments. This would be right up their alley!

13. Kita Bryant October 21, 2017 at 4:01 pm - Reply

That is a really neat kit! My kids would love this thing.

14. Lauren October 21, 2017 at 4:25 pm - Reply

I remember doing little electricity kits like this when I was a kid, so much fun. Never seen one with mud! Looks fun!

15. Sadie - Slap Dash Mom October 21, 2017 at 8:17 pm - Reply

Wow, this is amazing! I’ve done the light from the potato thing but never clean energy from mud. Gotta try this.

16. Tina Butler October 21, 2017 at 10:39 pm - Reply

Those scientific kits are always fun. When my son was younger that was all he wanted as Christmas gifts.

17. Our Family World October 23, 2017 at 12:18 am - Reply

I love these STEM kits. They do help children to stay interested in learning about science and technology. Nothing better than to nurture our own little Einstein! I will also share this post with my sister. Her daughter is going to have so much fun with Mud Watt!

18. Brandi H October 23, 2017 at 9:22 am - Reply

I’ve never seen this before. I bet my nephew would love this for Christmas.

19. Mommy Blogger Pehpot October 25, 2017 at 3:36 am - Reply

Oh, this is so interesting. My son will surely love this. I will show this to him and surely she will be happy to see it.

20. Anna November 11, 2017 at 7:06 pm - Reply

Oh this is very interesting, my daughter will enjoy this one.

21. Brandi November 11, 2017 at 8:07 pm - Reply

This seems like such a cool experiment. My children are intrigued by things like this and I’m stumped on Christmas gifts this year so I think I’m
    Adding it to the list. Thanks for sharing!

22. Meagan November 12, 2017 at 3:04 am - Reply

I love this for a christmas gift for my daughter especially with the winter months coming we love indoor science experiments

23. Emily - The Southern Belle Blogs November 12, 2017 at 4:40 pm - Reply

That’s pretty awesome! I love the variety of toys they have out these days, especially ones that involve a bit of science!