Saratoga Spa State Park Victoria Pool

Saratoga Spa State Park Victoria Pool

We recently visited Saratoga Spa State Park in mid-September.  The weather was beautiful and a big part of our reason for visiting the park was that we wanted to go swimming at Victoria Pool.

We paid an $8 entrance fee to get into the park, and after doing some hiking, drove from another part of the park to get to the pool.  I recommend using a map, as there are lots of parking areas and attractions within the park, which is very large.

We parked by the pool building, and there are many signs directing you how to get through the building and to the pool.  There is a $6 fee to enter the pool area.

Saratoga Spa State Park Victoria Pool

There are bathrooms, changing rooms, and showers in the main building.  On the opposite side of the pool is a building with a concession area, with snacks, drinks, sandwiches, and more.

There are chairs and umbrellas around the pool.  We arrived close to when the pool first opened on a September weekend, and there were no umbrellas left, and there was only one chair left.  We spoke to some other folks who visited the pool often, and we were told that the pool gets extremely busy during the summer.  They recommended getting there early as a long line forms through the building and it can be a frenzy to get a chair.

The pool is a nice size, with a shallow and deep end.  My kids are on swim team and spend a lot of time swimming, and we all thought this was a nice pool.  The pool area is very nice, with the beautiful buildings around it.

While the pool was relatively quiet compared to the summer, it did get quite busy.

Saratoga Spa State Park Victoria Pool

There is another pool at the park, the Peerless Pool, which was under construction when we went.  This pool is more geared towards kids, so we are looking forward to seeing what the pool is like, especially after improvements are made.

Read my review of Saratoga Spa State Park here.

Visit Saratoga Spa State Park at https://parks.ny.gov/parks/saratogaspa

By | 2017-09-18T19:23:38+00:00 September 18th, 2017|Travel|12 Comments

1. Crystal September 26, 2017 at 7:20 pm - Reply

WOW! Saratoga Spa State Park looks gorgeous! I would have never thought a state park had a pool like this either – so awesome! I bet everyone had such a fantastic time!

2. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle September 26, 2017 at 8:08 pm - Reply

Holy. Moly. I need to be there! I could go for a few days of rest and relaxation there.

3. Jennifer Van Huss September 27, 2017 at 12:12 am - Reply

That looks like a great spa!! I could use a few days of rest and relaxation!

4. Joely Smith September 27, 2017 at 12:19 am - Reply

Swim team is so good for kids! My son was on a swim team as well. I miss those days! I would have been bummed about the construction of the kid poll and no seats or umbrellas but next year should be better I imagine. It’s a nice looking place!

5. Leah September 27, 2017 at 1:36 am - Reply

This looks like a super fun and relaxing place to visit! I wish we had a pool to visit this summer!

6. Sapphire Kharyzma September 27, 2017 at 3:06 am - Reply

I think one of the best parts of summer, is the pool. This pool looks so refreshing and relaxing. I would love to check this pool out!

7. ricci September 27, 2017 at 8:53 am - Reply

Now that looks like a great pool! I would love to swim there one day!!

8. Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place September 27, 2017 at 12:34 pm - Reply

Sounds like an awesome place. I love that there are different things to do. The pool definitely looks good. With places like this, it’s really important to get there early.

9. Kathy September 27, 2017 at 1:41 pm - Reply

That looks like such a nice pool. Looks like a great place to relax too. I’d love to go there.

10. rebekah September 27, 2017 at 7:08 pm - Reply

This looks so relaxing! The thing i will miss the most about summer is the pool 😉

11. Cherri Megasko September 28, 2017 at 4:08 pm - Reply

That pool looks so pretty! But what if you only wanted to go to the pool? Would you still also have to pay the $8 entrance fee to get into the park?

12. Marielle Altenor September 28, 2017 at 9:43 pm - Reply

Ahh too bad there is a fee to enter! The local-ish pool in our town also cost money but only if you don’t have a citizen card (which is free to get at the library).