Finding the Perfect Car for Your Family

Finding the Perfect Car for Your Family

This is a sponsored post, all opinons are my own.

Having a reliable vehicle is something that is important to us.  With two young kids, we spend a lot of time in the car, so it is important to have the right vehicle, and to make sure it stays in top working condition.

Car ownership can be overwhelming, and over the years, I have had a lot of questions. What car do I pick?  What do I need to know about maintenance?  Where should I take my car to be serviced? is a great place for one-stop shopping to answer all of your car-related needs.

~ Buying ~

Choosing a car is such a big decision, and it has certainly evolved since I got my first car.  Times have changed since I bought a car to take to college, and now we have a minivan for our family. allows you to research vehicles and find a new one, either new or used.

I remember right after we had our second baby, we traipsed around from dealership to dealership looking for cars.  It was a truly exhausting experience, and it would have been nice to have all these tools right at the tips of our fingers to make the process easier and less stressful.

~ Selling & Trading ~

I remember how quickly we outgrew our mid-size car when we had kids, so not only were we trying to find a bigger vehicle, but we had also had to figure out what to do with our old car. you can look into your car’s value and use other tools to sell or trade your current vehicle.  I have had about 5 cars now, and every time I have decided to get a new car, the process of figuring out what to do with the old one is definitely that.. a process.  I like having tools like being able to check the value of the car and even being able to get a trade-in offer online or posting a classified ad right to, all from the comfort of home.

~ Service & Repair ~

Once you have your perfect family car, maintenance and repair is such a big part of car ownership.  As a parent, it is important for me to keep our minivan safe and reliable.  It is important to stay up to date on regular maintenance, and at a service center that you trust. is a great place to find advice on maintaining your vehicle, and also finding a trustworthy place for service or repair.  We are such a busy family, it does take effort to stay on top of general maintenance from keeping windshield washer fluid filled, to making sure my inspection is up to date, to making sure the snow tires are on in time for winter weather.  Then there is the stress of other service and repair, so keeping the process as stress free as possible is important.

There is always more to learn when it comes to cars, so it doesn’t hurt to keep up with things like recall information, news, and other facts and tips like car seat checks – so stay informed!

By | 2017-07-31T02:39:50+00:00 July 31st, 2017|Safety, Travel|26 Comments

1. candy July 31, 2017 at 5:26 pm - Reply

We aren’t in search of a new car at this moment in time. Husband is always doing research and reading up on what is the best model and features.

2. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle July 31, 2017 at 6:00 pm - Reply

You really have to do your homework when you’re looking for a new car. You need to decide what type of car is right for you along with what manufacturer is best.

3. Bill Sweeney July 31, 2017 at 6:06 pm - Reply

This is a great resource. A lot goes into finding that perfect new car for the family.

4. Amber Myers July 31, 2017 at 8:29 pm - Reply

I will keep this in mind! Eventually we’ll be getting new vehicles. Right now I’m happy with my tiny hybrid!

5. Jennifer Van Huss July 31, 2017 at 11:34 pm - Reply

My husband is in the car selling business. Thankfully, I have never had to pay attention to things like this! This is a great post for people in the search for a new car!

6. Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh July 31, 2017 at 11:54 pm - Reply

We aren’t needing any new vehicles at the moment. I’ll pass mine on to my almost 12 year old daughter, when she turns 16. At that time we’ll be looking!

7. Claudia Krusch August 1, 2017 at 2:06 am - Reply

These are great tips. I have been researching new cars. We will be replacing our van before the summer is over.

8. Stephanie Pass August 1, 2017 at 2:21 am - Reply

I dread car shopping. I just hate the whole experience and II always wonder if I’m picking the right one. And I know soon enough we’re going to have to do it again for my husband.

9. Joely Smith August 1, 2017 at 5:35 am - Reply

Buying and paying for a new car is something to juggle into the budget but I would never own anything but a reliable car like this! It’s worth any sacrifice in the budget one need to make.

10. Dogvills August 1, 2017 at 5:51 am - Reply

My son is thinking of buying a car and I keep telling him that research is very important when buying a new car. These are great tips.

11. ricci August 1, 2017 at 8:11 am - Reply

These are all great tips on shopping for a family car!! I actually love looking at cars and do my reproach before any large purchase!!

12. Kiwi August 1, 2017 at 11:32 am - Reply

Great tips for car buying. I am in the market to get a new car so keeping some of these tips in mind .

13. Melissa Dixon August 1, 2017 at 1:18 pm - Reply

This looks like a fantastic car! I will have to check out some more specifics and see if it is right for my family.

14. sara August 1, 2017 at 2:24 pm - Reply

Choosing a car is so important! We love the Chevy traverse for our family and it is not a minivan!

15. Rose Cottrill August 1, 2017 at 3:05 pm - Reply

I agree with keeping your family car in great shape. It is like our home and anything else that needs to keep in great shape to keep our family safe.

16. AnnMarie John August 1, 2017 at 4:52 pm - Reply

I’ve been hearing so many good things about I think it’s a wonderful resource if you’re ever going car shopping.

17. Jenn @ EngineerMommy August 1, 2017 at 8:43 pm - Reply

Finding the perfect family car is so important. We are due to buy a new vehicle for my husband to get to work and these are some great tips you shared here.

18. Victoria Heckstall August 1, 2017 at 9:06 pm - Reply

When I had my car, I just bought it because I want it but I didn’t thought that it’s oerfect for my family. This time I need to reolace my old car to a new car, and I will consider a car that fit to my family. Glad that I found your brilliant tips.

19. Natalie August 1, 2017 at 11:12 pm - Reply

These are definitely things to keep in mind when shopping for a family car. You want to make sure you pick the right one as it is quite the investment!

20. The Cubicle Chick August 2, 2017 at 1:19 am - Reply

I just got a new car but I’m definitely looking again. I’m not sure that I’m in love with my car. Thanks for the tips. – yolonda

21. Adaleta August 2, 2017 at 3:51 am - Reply

Finding the right car for you needs is so important!!

22. rika August 2, 2017 at 6:29 am - Reply

Finding the right car for our family is very important. Safety is always be our priority even though we have to spend extra money to get the product.

23. Lynndee August 2, 2017 at 12:56 pm - Reply

We made sure to do our research before we bought our family car – it’s important! And we always stay informed.

24. Marielle Altenor August 2, 2017 at 9:24 pm - Reply

We’re actually looking into a car for the next year or so. Our biggest concern is space and if the car is fuel efficient.

25. Kimberly C. August 3, 2017 at 8:11 pm - Reply

I need to just suck it up already and try to find something that seats 8 or more. It seems like such a crazy step up though when our van is only 3 years old. We fit perfectly in it but we have no room for more kids and that is a huge issue in our lives these days! I will have to check that site out!

26. Wildish Jess August 6, 2017 at 6:21 pm - Reply

As awesome as mini vans are, I just can’t convince myself to buy one. We do need a bigger car though.