- 8 oz baguette from the bakery
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1T honey
- 2 cups of strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup 100% fruit spread (like Smucker’s simply fruit or Polaner All Fruit)
- Slice the baguette into approximately 24 slices measuring 1/4″ thick.
- Bake on a cookie sheet until slightly crisp (don’t worry about it being too hard for your kids to eat, the toppings soften it up)
- While bread is in the oven, place the cream cheese in a bowl. Add honey and stir to combine. If necessary, microwave for a few seconds to soften the cream cheese.
- Remove bread from oven, spread cream cheese mixture on each slice and top with strawberries.
- Place fruit spread in a small bowl & microwave 15 or so seconds until liquified (careful, it may be hot!) Brush the top of each piece of bruschetta with the fruit spread, allowing it to cover the strawberries and cream cheese. Don’t worry if it drips down the side of the bread, it makes it yummy!
I also made this using puff pastry (cut into heart shapes) in place of the bread.
These tasted just like a fruit/cream cheese pastry from the bakery! Even my husband loves these (both versions) and this isn’t his kind of treat. Serve as a snack or a dessert!