Did you know you can make your own microwave popcorn? All you need is…
- A brown paper bag
- A Microwave
- Butter (we use Smart Balance) – optional
- Place aprox. 1 rounded tablespoon of popcorn into a paper bag.
- Fold the top of the bag down 2 times, then fold in the top corners as shown in the photo.
- Place bag in the microwave for aprox. 2.5 minutes. (This process is just like buy-at-the-store popcorn, so use your judgment like you would there.
- Remove bag from microwave (Careful – it will be HOT!). Add butter (not much, just enough to give it a little flavor and saltiness), close bag and shake.
- Serve in a bowl, or use the bag to serve it in (just cut off the top few inches for easier access).
My boys LOVE this snack because they each get their own bag – no one to share with! It’s healthy and EASY!
Elisabeth is the mother of three boys, wife to author A.M. LaMouria, and is passionate about her faith and her family. She loves to cook, create, and be adventurous. Visit her blog at The Lean Green Mommy Machine.