Hair loss is a common concern for many people across the world. There are many reasons it happens – the underlying reasons being hormonal changes and heredity. There are many ways you can reduce hair loss and strengthen your hair, like by using Coconut oil and aloe vera, eating a protein-rich diet, or taking medications after consulting a dermatologist. One of the best ways to do it is to get laser treatment. Although it is a costly process, it is an adequate replacement for Minoxidil, PRP, and Rogaine.
Laser therapy is a process in which doctors use hair regrowth lasers to control hair loss and stimulate the scalp by making hair follicles healthier. There are many benefits of using these low-level lasers:
· Prolong the Anagen (growth) phase of the hair growth cycle
· Slow transition to Catagen (regression) phase
· Increase the strength of hair by stimulating follicles
· Negligible side effects
Hair salon professionals provide laser therapy which is an 8-15-minute process that involves the scalp’s direct exposure to light emitting diodes using a brush or a cap. It is important to consider the following things when going for laser products:
· Reliability: Laser products are generally expensive and delicate; buying them from reliable companies is better. You can check the expertise and reputation of the company through their online reviews.
· FDA certification: In order to ensure safety, you should ensure that all the laser products you buy must have clearance by FDA.
· Warranty: Look for warranties and return policies of the company you buy your laser products from.
The cost of laser treatment can vary from person to person based on their location, severity of hair damage, and the type of laser used. Getting laser therapy done from a reputed clinic can cost up to $100 per session, while laser products like laser comb or laser caps can range between $100-$1000.
These things look like baseball caps and help you get thicker and stronger hair in around three months. They are equipped with low-light lasers which activate our hair follicles.
How to use it? It is pretty simple to use a laser cap; all you have to do is place it on your head, choose the appropriate mode, and keep it on for at least 15 minutes.
Suits best if:
· You need a hands-free option
· You have to deal with advanced hair loss
· You want to cover the entire scalp
These comb-shaped devices deliver therapeutic energy to promote the growth of our hair by stimulating the hair follicles. It is a light, wireless and rechargeable tool that is very easy to use.
How to use it? The laser comb can be applied manually to the scalp by holding it to the bald areas. The comb vibrates every 4-7 seconds signalling to change the device’s position.
Suits best if:
· You want a short treatment
· You have thick hair and want to use the comb in some places
Potential side effects
Although the side effects of getting laser therapy are very minimal, there are still a few things you should keep in mind. If you have a sensitive scalp, the light of the lasers may cause irritation or pain in your scalp, so it is better to consult a reputed dermatologist to decide which product to buy.
Laser Therapy doesn’t require a lot of maintenance. It is recommended to avoid washing hair, and direct contact with the sun for at least 24 hours, post which you can resume your normal routine.