If you’re looking to replace your outdated cabinets or just spruce up their appearance with new countertops, quartz may be the perfect option. Quartz is an extremely popular material right now — and for good reasons.
This material’s sleek, modern aesthetic is sure to give any room a fresh feel. Installing quartz countertops in your kitchen has many benefits beyond just making it look better. Quartz is also a durable and affordable option that can last for decades.
Once you see the benefits of quartz countertops in your home, you won’t want to live without them again. Here are some tips and advice on how to incorporate quartz countertops Phoenix kitchen remodels:
Find Out What’s Available
Before you decide on a type of quartz for your countertops, it’s essential to understand the options available. This way, you can find a quartz type that will work best in your unique kitchen space.
The types of quartz vary depending on where they were mined, color, and pattern variations. Some of the most popular types of quartz available include:
- Mexican – Mexican white quartz is a popular type of quartz for kitchen countertops that comes in a wide range of colors and patterns, allowing you to customize your space.
- Black – If you’re looking for a countertop with a dramatic appearance, black quartz may be a perfect choice. This type of quartz is generally black and has a very distinct appearance.
- Blended – Blended quartz is a type of quartz that contains more than one color. This type of quartz will have a more unique appearance than other types of quartz, with variations of color throughout the material.
Plan The Layout
Once you’ve decided on a type of quartz for your kitchen, it’s a good idea to sketch out a layout of how the countertops will be situated. Not only will this help you visualize your new kitchen, but it will also help you determine how much material you’ll need to purchase.
The layout you choose will also determine the cost of your quartz countertops. Here are some factors to consider when sketching out your design:
- Quartz thickness – Quartz countertops are available in a variety of thicknesses. Thicker quartz pieces are generally more durable but come with a higher price tag.
- Layout pattern – Are there any particular patterns you’d like to include in your layout? For example, would you like to have a herringbone pattern? It’s essential to consider this before you begin the layout process.
Installing The Countertops
Installing quartz countertops in Phoenix is a fairly straightforward process. However, you’ll want to ensure that you follow the manufacturer’s instructions and safety precautions when installing them. Here are some tips to keep in mind when installing your new countertops:
Equip Yourself With the Necessary Tools
You’ll need various tools to complete the installation, including a utility knife, a miter saw and a router. Make sure you’re using the correct tools for the job. Remember that you’ll also need a dust mask and goggles to protect yourself from debris and particles.
Before installing the quartz, it’s essential to decide where you will place any outlets, faucets, and other major design elements. This way, you can account for these items when placing the quartz.
The layout you decide on should be based on the size and thickness of your quartz pieces. For example, you’ll want to place the larger pieces in the middle of the countertop and the smaller pieces along the edges.
Quartz countertops may be the perfect option if you’re considering remodeling your kitchen. Quartz comes in various types and colors, making it easy to find a material that will work in any kitchen.
Once you install quartz countertops in your kitchen, you’ll immediately notice how much they improve the space.