As any mom can attest, the days and weeks following the birth of your little one are some of the most magical (and stressful) in your life. While you are overwhelmed with love, you’ve also got one million things to do (and you have to learn how to do them one-handed while carrying a newborn). However, there are plenty of things you can do to support your friend during this time – especially if you want to mark the occasion with a gift.
Photo by Aditya Romansa on Unsplash
With that in mind, here are some of the best gifts you can buy for a new mom to help make their days a little easier!
- Gifts for the baby. Buying gifts for the baby, such as cute baby clothes, are a no-brainer when buying gifts for a new mom. Another cool gift option that will delight the new mom is tableware, which comes in different forms. For the little ones, baby bottles are the most preferable gift, or if you want to give something more thoughtful, training cups can be a good option, as they help the in-between period from bottles to cups. The baby-led weaning process comes instantly, so a stay-put baby feeding bowl from silicone might come in handy due to its lightweight material and ease of use. After all, babies are expensive, and there are so many different things they have to buy – from diapers to room decor. Be sure to ask them ahead of time if they need anything specific.
- Gifts focused on self-care. Parents will always dedicate most of their energy to their children, but it’s equally important that they make time for self-care as a new mom. After all, if they do not take care of themselves, they’ll find it harder to care for others. You can help them with this process by buying gifts that focus on self-care – such as a spa day or gifts that help them look and feel their best. For example, you could purchase some luxury Perfume that they can quickly spray on in the morning so that they feel a little more like their old self again!
- Gifts that make them feel good. Your body changes a lot during pregnancy (and the months afterwards). As a result, you could focus on buying your friend gifts that make your friend feel good again. For example, you might want to cover the cost of a post-natal massage.
- Gifts that give them some free time. Parenting is a full-time job, which can take a significant toll on their mental health and also impacts their ability to get a good night’s sleep. As a result, you don’t have to spend any money to give your friend a gift they’ll never forget – as you could simply give them the gift of time. For example, you could offer to babysit for a day/evening, so they have time for themselves – whether they want to head out on a date night with their partner or take a bath without getting interrupted.
- Be a shoulder to cry on. As mentioned previously, the best gifts often come without a price tag – as they are often more about presence than anything else. Therefore, the best present you can give your friend during this time is support. For example, you should make it clear that you are always there should they want to reach out, whether they have questions about parenting or simply want a shoulder to cry on. As many new parents feel isolated, make it a habit to pop by every now and then to see how they are.
Leave A Comment