It’s really annoying to be excited about getting tickets for your favorite band or comedian, and someone manages to snag the front row every single time you try to book. Some people wait online to get the best seats before they all sell out, but not everyone has that kind of time. Going to a show or a concert is exciting, but it’s even better when you have the best tickets in the house.
When you book online for your tickets to a show, you get to choose the seats that suit you best. Some people love the nosebleeds right up at the top but if you want the best in the house, you’re going to need a few tips and tricks to make sure that you get them. No matter the show you’re seeing, choosing the best online website for tickets is the first step. Some websites are ticket touting websites and these aren’t the best to choose because you will end up with no tickets and no money. Sites like TicketsOnSale.com are often the best way to go as you can choose tickets that really work for you – and you could get them at the best price. Now you know where to buy your tickets, you need to know what to do to get the best seats. Let’s dive right in.
Before you buy…
It’s vital that you know that the odds of buying the perfect seat are low. Did you know that most seats for shows are mostly gone before they even become available to you online? Credit card presales, VIP tickets, fan club sales and more all take the best seats before you have a chance to look for them yourself. You have to make sure that you get the seats you need, and the best way to do it is to get your name down and your tickets bought in advance. Here are some tips to get you in on the action!
- Camp out. If there is a physical box office you can buy from, get your tent and go and camp! When they open the morning of the first day of ticket sales, you can be first in the door to get the ticket seats you want. Of course, you don’t have to camp outside anymore, but it’s a great way to get a little experience out of the whole process!
- Sign up for presales. Online presales are going to be your new best friend when you want to buy tickets for a concert you are itching to go to. If there is a fan page for the band you love, sign up to it and you’ll get an alert when tickets go on sale before they go out to everyone else.
- Talk to your credit card holder. If you are with a credit card company, you’re going to be able to get some intel on presale seats for limited shows and concerts. It might seem like a really easy way to get tickets – and it is – but only if you have the right cards in place. Speak to your credit card provider and they’ll tell you whether you qualify for any presales.
- Be on time. The one thing that you have to remember the most is that tickets sell out very quickly. Whether you are online or in a box office situation, they can sell in a few minutes because thousands of people are waiting for it all to begin. The odds might not be in your favor, but if you want to get through the process quickly you can register for the site with all your billing information and this way, you can autofill any information you want to share. This will really help to save time when you are in the middle of a new transaction.
- Try not to buy too late. Most websites go through routine maintenance in the wee hours of the morning, which leads to you queuing for hours for tickets you can’t get because the website won’t work. The transaction could even get to the point you click “purchase”, and it won’t matter because the website will go down before you get a chance.
- Don’t open more than one window browser at a time. If you’re going to have your laptop open for this, it’s not the time to have multiple windows open with more tickets being held. You have a select number of tickets per transaction and if you need more than the allocation you could always go and try again later. Holding tickets just may not work for you and it’s not worth losing the allocation you could have.
- Get sponsored! Did you know that radio stations offer presales for a range of concerts? If you stick to your local radio station, you can ensure that you capture free presale codes and even passwords. You might have to go online to the website for the radio station and use the code before you can purchase, but it’ll give you money off.
- Avoid the touts. There are a lot of people out there who scalp tickets with multiple credit card purchases, but you can keep these at bay by refusing to buy tickets off eBay and Craigslist and only buying your tickets from reputable platforms that are there to sell you them legitimately. Scalpers will only win if people keep buying from them.
If you do manage to beat the odds and get the best seats in the house, you will do better by ensuring that you have the right ID when you get to the show or concert. There is no point in going to all the trouble of purchasing these tickets only to lose when you get to the door and find that you can’t get in! You now know how to get the best concert seats in the house, which means that you can see your favorite show or artist whenever you want to – you just need to get the tickets sorted!