Yoga is a practice of meditation and mental concentration that increase thinking ability.
Yoga is one of the most popular activities for its multiple benefits for the body and mind.
Through breathing (body postures), a state of meditation and mental concentration is achieved that favors general well-being.
It is a practice that adapts to all physical conditions and ages and, therefore, anyone can carry it out (elderly, children, pregnant women, athletes).
Yoga requires much discipline, and many students move on to become yoga teachers. You can attend yoga teacher training if you want to pursue a role as a teacher.
What are the benefits of Yoga?
- Increase flexibility. When starting with this discipline, lack of flexibility is very common; however, with time and continuous practice, the muscles and joints increase their elasticity. Consequently, muscle pain disappears, and injuries are avoided.
- Reduce stress. In a society where stress predominates in our daily practice, yoga is an excellent ally to combat it. Thanks to breathing and meditation, the body manages to reach a state of relaxation that reduces stress levels and leads the day in a more relaxed way.
- Strong bones. Best electric sit stand desk can make your bones strong. In yoga, many postures require for your healthy body shape, which supports the bones and helps prevent osteoporosis. It also improves body posture, something that directly affects the health of the spine.
- Improves lymphatic circulation. Like veins, lymphatic vessels lack the muscles that arteries have in their walls to propel blood. When the muscles are contracted or stretched, the nearby organs move. If yoga poses are adopted, the lymphatic flow improves and, with it, the lymphatic system’s function.
- Increase balance. With the yoga postures, we become aware of our own body and the sensations that they cause in us. For this reason, it is said that yoga pushes us to increase our balance.
- Promotes cardiovascular health. High-intensity sports can be counterproductive for those with cardiovascular disease. In this sense, yoga is a good option, as it fights hypertension and reduces blood cholesterol levels.
- Teaches to breathe correctly and consciously. According to the Global Yoga Congres, abdominal or diaphragmatic breathing, which inspiration begins in the abdomen to continue in the intercostal area and ends in the clavicle, and expiration, follow the reverse path, increases the oxygenation of the cells.
- Pelvic floor Exercise. This sport helps to exercise and tone the pelvic floor muscles to keep them healthy and strong and avoid pathologies such as urinary incontinence or prolapse.
Basic Essentials for Yoga
- Yoga Mat. A good yoga mat helps cushion the floor, and also adds grip to the surface you are working on.
- Yoga Towel. A towel can be helpful in many ways, from drying off to offering a place to work on.
- Yoga Strap. Straps can be useful for stretching and reaching your goals.
- Yoga socks. Socks are a great way to offer grip on the floor and to offer overall comfort while you are doing yoga.