Italy has a very rich culture and historical sights that will delight you. Autumn in Italy is perfect if you like romance with occasional rains. Italy is the busiest in summer because tourists from all over the world come then. Italy is known for its many attractions that attract tourists.
Here are some of the most popular destinations you should visit in Italy:
- Rome’s Trevi Fountain is a very popular attraction that you should not miss when traveling to Italy on vacation. This fountain was built in the 18th century and is one of the most famous Roman buildings. If you put a coin in this fountain – you will visit Italy again. And if you put in another coin – you will fall in love with Italy. All money from the fountain is donated to charity;
- The Colosseum is a very exciting place in Rome because gladiators used to fight there to death. It is one of the most visited attractions in Italy, and every year more and more tourists come. You can visit and take a few tours in Rome while you’re at it!
- Venice is a city of water where tourists like to sail gondolas. This peaceful and quiet place is the most romantic attraction in Italy that you must not miss;
- Milano is an Italian city known as the capital of fashion. If you like shopping, you can find many shops with famous fashion creations here. Milano is among the main attractions in Italy because famous models and public figures buy right there;
- Pompeii is a famous Roman city and a real attraction that you must visit at least once in your life. Here you can walk through the old streets and see the remains of public baths and houses. This city is a real tourist attraction because it was formed from dried volcanic lava;
- The region of Tuscany is one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world where you can enjoy untouched nature. Tuscany is away from the city crowds and is a real attraction for wine lovers. Here are many famous estates on which famous Italian wines are made;
- St. Peter’s Basilica is the center of Christianity and the main building of the Vatican. This is the Pope’s Church and one of the largest in the world in the number of believers it can receive. You can visit this Vatican church for free and see all its treasures. It was built in the style of the classical renaissance and is always full of believers.
If you want to rent a car in Italy, look to find the right car company because cheap is not always best. Some companies show a much lower price when you rent the car, but when you return a car – they will be charged higher costs. When hiring a car in Italy, you can rent a variety of cars such as mini, a mid-size, full-size, or luxury vehicle. Fuel pumps in Italy, work until 7 p.m., but on the highway, you can find those that work all night.
Zone a Traffico Limitato (“ZTL”) is an area in Italy where driving is restricted, especially for rented cars. Police, ambulance, and firefighters who have a special driving license can pass here.