Are you tired of your little ones pushing their plate aside after you slaved over the stove to make it? Nothing is more frustrating than cooking an entire meal just for your children to put their noses up to it. It seems that in today’s world, children only want what’s found in fast-food kid meals.
Although heading through the drive-through each night makes for a quick and easy meal, these foods aren’t doing much justice for our little ones’ bellies. It can get expensive quick. This is why more parents are turning to the grocery store for homecooked-meal ingredients.
The only downfall to this is that not all children are willing to eat what you cook. But we’re here to help you change this. Below are several meals kids love to eat and won’t put up a fight against. Plus, what is easier than instant pot mac and cheese?!
Continue reading for everything you need to know about these delicious meals!
1. Meatball Subs
Meatball subs are easy to make and fun to eat. With all their cheesy saucy goodness, your children will be fighting for the last sub. When making these subs, consider using frozen meatballs.
They still have that homecooked taste you know and love without spending the time to get there. If you’re more of a fresh meatball person, you can always make your own. Keep in mind that when opting to make your own, you’ll add more time to the recipe.
Use meatballs that are a half ounce size. These are perfect for fitting into a sub. Here’s what you need.
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 sub buns (hot dog and brat buns work well also)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 package Rosina Italian Style Meatballs (1/2 ounce size)
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
Here’s how you’ll make them.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat for about 15 seconds in a saucepan
- Add oregano, garlic, and red pepper flakes
- Cook for 1 minute stirring constantly
- Add crushed tomatoes and stir
- Add sugar and salt and stir again
- Add meatballs into sauce until covered
- Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Place oven rack on highest position and turn the broiler on high
- Place meatballs inside the buns, cover in cheese, and then place on a pan under the broiler
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until crisp, checking frequently to prevent burning
It’s that simple! Your meatball subs are done and your children’s bellies are full!
2. Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
What kid doesn’t like mac and cheese? Now, you’re able to spread some mac and cheese joy with this easy-to-make instant pot recipe! Here’s what you’ll need.
- Elbow macaroni noodles
- Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
- Sweet Cream Unsalted Butter
- Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese Loaf
- Chicken stock
- Cream cheese
- Ground dry mustard
- Hot sauce
This list of ingredients might seem a bit long for a super easy recipe, but it’s the instant pot that makes this meal yummy and easy. Here’s how you’ll make it.
- Place water, seasonings, butter, and the pasta in the instant pot and cook
- Do a quick release and add the remaining ingredients
- Stir it together
There you have it. This is a super simple mac and cheese meal that your children will fight for rather than fight against!
3. Pizza Quesadillas
Quesadillas are awesome, pizza is awesome, pizza quesadillas are 5x as awesome! Here’s what you need to make these scrumptious finger foods.
- Cheese (mozzarella or your choice)
- Marinara Sauce or pizza sauce
- Toppings of your choice (pepperoni, veggies, and more)
The ingredient list for this yummy meal is super short, which makes for a super quick trip at the grocery store. Once you gather everything you need, here’s how you’ll make it.
- Spread sauce on one half of a tortilla
- Sprinkle sauce with cheese
- Add the extra toppings you selected
- Add another layer of cheese
- Fold the other side of the tortilla over your creation
- Cook quesadilla in a skillet for a few minutes until crisp on both sides
Once finished cooking, you can then slice the quesadilla into how your children prefer and serve it up!
4. Butter Steak Bites
If your children are steak eaters, then they’re going to eat this meal up. If they aren’t big steak eaters, this might change their minds. Here’s what you need.
- Steak tenderloin
- Salt and pepper
When shopping for the steak, make sure you find tender beef cuts with small amounts of fat on them. The less fat on the steak, the less time you’ll spend trimming it off. Here’s how you’ll make it.
- Trim fat off the steak and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper all sides of the bite-sized pieces
- In a pan, melt butter and cook minced garlic for a few minutes on medium
- Add steak into the pan and cook until all sides are pink-free
That’s it! The steak cooks fast since it’s cut into smaller pieces, so be sure to keep an eye on it. The final result is butter steak goodness.
You can then choose a side of your likings such as mashed potatoes or broccoli to complete the meal.
Start Cooking Meals Kids Love and Avoid a Fight!
Dinner time doesn’t have to be a fight every night. Keep these recipes for meals kids love in mind for your next dinner and watch your kids eat it up with no complaints!
For more posts to help you through your parenting journey, be sure to visit us frequently!