Amlapitta, also known as acidity, is one of the common health problems that the majority of individuals face. The primary reasons are a hectic lifestyle and no discipline over food choices.
Acidity is witnessed by people of all ages and the symptoms are caused by the imbalance in the acid-secreting mechanism of intestine and stomach. Your stomach normally secretes acid, which helps in the digestive process.
The excess production of heat in the stomach results in acidity. If you are one of those who often suffer from amlapitta, curing it with the best Ayurvedic medicine for acidity can be the best way to get rid of it permanently.
What Causes Acidity?
There are many reasons that cause acidity, and they differ for people. As two individuals are never the same, it is a similar case with acidity. The main cause is the aggravation of “pitta dosh” in your body.
Eating foods that don’t suit you or taking it with dairy products, eating excessive salty food items, and spicy food as well as sugar and flour products are the primary causes. Also, not eating at the scheduled time, eating packaged food items, fermented food, smoking, excessive consumption of tea or coffee are primary reasons. Following a random diet is another reason to develop acidity.
Individuals suffering from insomnia or those who have a habit of eating late and sleeping late, excessive exposure of sun, or heat too can cause acidity regularly for a lifetime.
Some of the symptoms are as follows
- Lack of sleep
- Feeling restless
- Sour belching
- Lack of appetite
Changes In Diet And Lifestyle
“Pitta” means heat, an energy that is primarily located in your stomach area. Excess intake of heat-producing foods can lead to an overly reactive digestive tract with an increase in acid production.
You should try to avoid high-stress situations. It is also advisable to change a bit of your lifestyle and practise stress-management techniques. Furthermore, doctors nowadays suggest natural remedies and then provide the best Ayurvedic medicines for acidity.
Shift your interest in choosing cooling foods and drinks such as fresh coconut juice, pomegranate, aloe vera, fennel seeds, mint, and cucumber water consumption. Try to use more and more fresh vegetables, chutneys, and curries in your food rather than using packet/frozen food items. If you’re feeling discomfort during the day, take a few sips of cool milk on an empty stomach.
- Avoid using carbonated, tea, coffee as well as alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid fermented and processed food items.
- Yoghurt should be strictly avoided during the night.
- Take your meals in a very relaxed environment.
- Avoid too much use of onion, garlic, and vinegar in cooking.
- Try losing weight.
- Do not overheat your food.
- Increase your intake of water.
- Do not skip meals.
- Follow a low carb diet.
- Have a gap of more than 3 hours of your meals before going to bed.
- Practice Pranayam- shitkari pranayam, bhastrika pranayam, and yoga to cure acidity naturally.
The herbal formula of Ayurvedic medicine for acidity helps in balancing stomach digestion and keeping acidity at bay.
How To Cure Acidity Using Home Remedies?
Other than buying the best Ayurvedic medicine for acidity, you can cure acidity using several home-based ingredients that are easily found in our kitchens.
- Eat a few leaves of basil leaves, or you can boil a few leaves in a cup of water, let it cool it down and sip this drink frequently.
- Fennel tea is considered best for curing bloating and indigestion. Add one teaspoon of fennel seeds in water and boil.
- Drink cinnamon tea to cure infections in the gastrointestinal tract. Cinnamon tea is loaded with a wide range of health benefits.
- Buttermilk is said to be sattvic food in Ayurveda, which helps in balancing your stomach acids.
- Eating jaggery helps you in maintaining a normal temperature, thus cooling the stomach.
- Apart from the above-mentioned remedies, you can have cold milk, fresh ginger juice, and banana for curing acidity.
Acid reflux medicines are the highest-selling drugs and account for billions in sales. The medicines were never made to be given out like candy, but today they are sold in such a manner. The allopathy medicine will surely give you relief from acidity for the moment, but it has side effects too.
Regularly consuming such medicines disrupt the natural acids of the stomach, which is needed to digest properly as well as keeping the overgrowth of bacteria in check.
Consuming the best Ayurvedic medicine for acidity not only helps you with curing acidity problems but also keeps it from recurring. These medicines are completely natural and have no side-effects. Today, doctors advice on choosing herbal medication over allopathy because of the long term health benefits.
Leave A Comment