Everybody is searching for ways to protect the environment and save a little green nowadays. A noteworthy source of expenditure for all of us is our electricity bill. It is an awesome place to begin saving money by rolling out some small improvements in your home. Regardless of whether you need to save mother earth, or you’re keen on approaches to bring down your power bills, here are 12 tips to help be proactive and money savvy with regards to electricity.
By making even small changes, you will be able to see your savings on your bill, especially if you live in a warmer climate. It is also good to make sure you choose your electric company wisely. For example, compare electricity companies in texas for the best rates, customer service, and so on. A good company will also help you to find ways to reduce your energy consumption.
Stay cool and save money this summer with these clever ideas for cutting your power bill.
- Install solar panels: People may not choose this option because of its somewhat expensive measures but there’s nothing better than running on solar-powered appliances for the environment and for your wallet. This is the best way to bring down your energy savings by more than 75%. Solar panels can run fans, LED lights etc.
- Benefits of solar hot water: You can easily save money on your energy bill by installing a solar hot water system. Why pay for power to heat your water when a solar-powered hot water system can do it for free? You can even set the timer and thermostat on your solar hot water system to heat your water at off-peak times when power costs are less expensive.
- Give your refrigerator some break: Left to its own gadgets, your refrigerator can be one of the biggest drains on your electricity bill. It’s switched on all day, every day, 365 days of the year. Ensure it’s not costing you more than absolutely necessary by giving it some break this summer. In the event that the top and back of your refrigerator are dusty, give them a vacuum. On the off chance that the cooler is altogether frosted up, defrost it. For ideal energy efficiency, set the temperature on your fridge to around 3-5°C and your freezer to around – 18°C.
- Go get a windmill: All things considered, this one may be precarious, however in the event that you’re in a position to do this, planet earth will offer you a major go-ahead. Normally created energy isn’t only useful for the earth, but once set up cost is accounted for, it costs you nothing.
- Check out energy saving application on app store: Apps like kill-your-watts won’t just monitor how much energy you have consumed, but they can also give tips, guidance, and resources to saving some bucks every month on your power bill.
- Install a low-stream restrictor: Suppressing the measure of water utilized will help your hot water tank from draining more energy out of your pocket.
- Dry wet clothes for free: Talking about grimy clothes, benefit as much as possible from these bright, sunny days by drying your garments on the washing line rather than in the clothes dryer. Not exclusively will you drastically decrease your energy consumption, but also your washing will likewise get a free dose of stain-evacuating, bacteria-killing sunlight.
- Keep your temperature steady: You can bring down your thermostat 2 degrees in the winter and 2 degrees higher in the summer. 72-74 degrees in the summer and 70-72 degrees in winter are recommended temperatures to set your thermostat too.
- Shoot for the stars: When looking for new appliances, don’t simply search for cool highlights and on-drift styling. Ensure you check the energy efficiency star-rating on every appliance and utilize this to manage your purchase decisions. While a clothes washer with a lower star-rating may have a less expensive sticker price than one with a higher star-rating, it’s probably going to cost you significantly more in power use over the life of the appliances.
- Install dimmer switches: Adjusting the amount of light you need won’t just set a specific mood, but, will enable you to utilize the most suitable amount of energy.
- Fans are your companion: Before you go after the air con remote, consider switching a fan on. Fans are significantly more energy saver than air-conditioners, yet they can be exceptionally powerful at chilling you off on a hot day. By keeping your fan blades free of dust, they’ll be more streamlined and require less energy to run. Always remember to turn the fan off as you leave the room.
- Defrost meats the safe way: Spare yourself from contracting food poisoning while at the same time space some cash in the meantime by defrosting frozen meat in the ice chest of your refrigerator rather than in the microwave. Indeed, you have to prepare. Truly, it takes longer. Be that as it may, by defrosting meat in the ice chest overnight it will defrost all the more reliably, as opposed to being partially cooked on the outside and still frozen in the middle. Also, you won’t chewing up extra power by running your microwave unnecessarily.